OpenHab2, new lock from a new manufacturer

I have tried to include it 20 cm from the lock without internet, and it worked.

2017-03-12 09:50:58.359 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing ‘zwave:device:ffa895e5:node4’ to inbox.
2017-03-12 09:50:58.659 [INFO ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 4: Using Scheme0 Network Key for Key Exchange since we are in inclusion mode.
2017-03-12 09:50:59.131 [ERROR] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 4: SECURITY_INC State=COMPLETE
2017-03-12 09:51:01.042 [INFO ] [ommandclass.ZWaveVersionCommandClass] - NODE 4: Command Class COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC has version 0!

But i cant controll it, is there any settings i need to do?
When i push the button i see this in the log

2017-03-12 11:05:03.327 [WARN ] [nal.converter.ZWaveDoorLockConverter] - NODE 4: Command class COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK not found

Is it still an unknown device or recognized as idlock? Did you link an item to the door lock channel?

It was recognized as idlock after i restarted openhab again. But battery is also nan. I have auto on items so that was generated. The “sound” in the ID lock changed to “Twinkle twinkle little star” this has happend before also, think that is because of battery, so changed it (maybe this sequence was draining it last night)

Changed battery, still “marked as failed”, deleted it from things and added it again, now it is unknown and NODE 4: Is currently marked as failed by the controller!

Controller is 10 meters away with almost free line of sight, can this be the reason? Do i need to include it again from 20 cm you think?

One thing that is strange, still not genereted node.xml file.

Btw, using this version of driver:
2.1.0.201703050931, what are you using?

Any progress?
I’m a bit busy these days, so haven’t had time to reply to you.

Seems like the binding is ok then. Honestly I don’t know why it won’t work. When including you should be close, but afterwards it shouldn’t matter. When I first got it included everything was fine.

Maybe it hasn’t initialized properly. Missing xml would suggest this. What does the attribute section for the device say? It should look like the one I posted above. For me it took a little time, but not hours. If still problems and marked as failed it might be worth a try excluding and including again… I seem to remember trying a couple of times. (Also removing battery to be sure, but I’m not sure this is necessary) . You could try enabling debug logging and see if the log gives you any clue.

In karaf console: log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zwave

If still problems maybe chris or some more excperienced user will have a clue. But a debug log would be necessary.

Nb!
Check the latest posts in the security branch thread about dead nodes and battery!

Interesting - I’m getting the unknown device problem with a Schlage BE469 lock. When I initially included it with the old 2.0.0 zwave binding, it was able to determine manufacturer and device info (but didn’t function). Now with the 2.1.0 binding, I can see the secure inclusion seems to have worked (Habmin shows “Using Security” green check), but the device is unknown.

Tried inclusion several times, with/without excluding, factory resets of one/both Z-stick and lock.

EDIT: Following a tip in another thread, after doing the first secure inclusion and seeing the lock show up as an unknown device, I deleted the lock Thing without excluding the lock from the stick, and re-ran the scan. This time it showed up as a known device and functioned correctly. Don’t know for sure if it was the thing delete without exclusion & rescan that made it work, or if it was just dumb luck on the 9th or 10th try. Hope this helps you here.

Also - @01av , you wrote:

Under OH2, with the 2.1.0 zwave binding, I did not need to configure a security key for my Aeotec Z-stick Gen5, it seems to have negotiated this automatically during secure inclusion.

One other note @tomhag - I also got the

Command class COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK not found

error, when the inclusion was successful in non-secure mode. Successfully doing a secure inclusion with the 2.1.0 zwave binding solved that error for me.

Thanks for the feedback, it seems like i struggle with secure inclusion. I can include it, but secure inc = Failed. Almost giving up, no mather what i do i cant secure include it…

I believe you did this, but if not it would be worth a try, I did this a couple of times with success earlier on: Exclude the lock from the zwave network. Then remove all the batteries. Re-insert batteries after a minute or so and try inclusion again, making sure you have the controller really close (10-20cm or so).

Also make sure the oh system has settled and is not initializing other nodes at the same time, to be sure the secure inclusion can happen uninterrupted. ( At least I believe this would be necessary )

EUREKA!!

I tried one last time (i have openhab on a big windows server for security, plex and more so alot of cable and stuff to have it 20 cm to the door)

What i did:
Removed all battery
Exluded one more time
Included
This made the idlock come up but not with secure (it had failed)
I tried to include one more time (without excluding) and another node was found (unknown) but secure completed.
It stayed unknown for 30 min so i deleted the first one restarted openhab and now it works :smiley:

30 hours and sooo worth it, thanks for all the help and feedback! :slight_smile:

Good!!

So for anyone doing this it worth noting that it might take a few tries.

I believe the idlock sends some notification parameters (like code and rfid used). I haven’t looked into it yet, but if you do please let me know if you are able to read it out!

Yes, i think personally it was the trick with taking out the battery after i had tried to many times that did it.
Will try to look more into that, i have talked with futurehome (in Norway) and they would be happy to help with documentation as i belive they do it in their hab solution.

Awesome. I think the magic dance has something to do with:

• excluding
  • factory resetting
  • including (seeing unknown device)
  • deleting thing without excluding
  • including again.

One other note: For my lock, when the controller has marked it as failed & getting the “Is currently marked as failed by the controller!” message, the easiest way to reestablish comms is to do something on the device that will send a message TO the controller. In my case that was just opening the lock from the keypad.

Olav, did you read the battery and alarm correct? Battery is always 100 and i think its almost out of battery.
Also, do you door change the jingle? I think this is when battery is almost dead.

The jingle changes when the battery is low. I had problems with battery running out, but now it seems ok. Actually I have not checked if the battery indicator is correct…
I have not gotten alarm to work yet, but haven’t given too much effort into it either.

I was planning to look through the idlock zwave docs and see what I could get working, but haven’t had the time yet…

Ok, i hope it got drained before i manage to secure include it. Already changed 8 batteries 3 times now :joy:
With the alarm i see values, but dont think they are correct.

Let me know if you make any progress to share :slight_smile:

I have an id-lock and managed to get it securely included but the batteries drains in a couple of days :frowning:
Anyone with a solution to this problem?
Almost forced to change back to manual lock :unamused:

Did you get any further on this? I’ve been running all fine for some weeks now without any notable battery drain… Are you running a recent version of the dev binding? There was some discussion on battery with regards to usercodes in the «zwave security-thread» the last days, could be worth checking. If still a problem maybe some log files could be helpful for Chris to see if there is an issue with the binding…

Nope, no progress really. I had to remove the z-wave module since I had to change batteries every second day.
I’ll check the usercode issues to see if that gives me any hints, thanks!
Did some googling and found that it exists beta versions of z-wave modules that could have battery problems.
Haven’t found a way of checking what version I have in my module or where to send it to get it upgraded.
Wrote a mail to idlock but haven’t gotten any response yet.

btw Having major problems fitting the batteries, when I push in the last one the first one pops out.
Really annoying!!
Anyone else with that problem?