OpenHab2 + Plex Binding

Appears to be have some issues getting OpenHab2 to bind to my plex server properly.

I have installed the Plex binding from the add-ons within the PaperUI, and configured it with host (IP Address) / Port and Token, and from what I can see within the OpenHab log this is working (atleast to a point).

11:52:07.544 [INFO ] [.binding.plex.internal.PlexConnector] - Plex websocket connected to .d0d25a7da21f4d0cb20dd48f99248aeb.plex.direct:32400

Though I suspect that though this is the correct PMS that I would like to connect too, I suspect that this is not the correct bind, as nothing appears within the inbox, and when I do essentially attempt to force this - there is a blank screen for ‘choose’ things.

Aspects of this are working, as from the wiki page I have created some items, and placed within it the clientidentifier for the Plex Client, and through the event log I can see this being updated when something is being played on it remotely.

2017-05-12 11:26:33.711 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - PlexTVStatus changed from Playing to Paused
2017-05-12 11:26:33.711 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - PlexTVProgress changed from 32.65 to 32.75

Therefore if I could get the bind working correctly, and therefore see things - I suspect that I probably see it working without too much of an issue, but I appear to be missing one part with regards getting the bind to work successfully - any help would be great.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Nothing shows up in paper ui. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. Uninstalling was a pain and it never seemed to really uninstall. Had to manually uninstall

As the Plex Binding is a 1.x Binding, there is nothing to be found in inbox.

I use the plex binding succesfully but only to show me what is playing on which device. I have never had the need to bind to the server? I would be interested to know the use for this?

And, as far as i remember - ‘hmerk’ is correct and I had to set my plex / openhab settings up manually but this was not difficult. I’m not a fan of the ‘Inbox’ anyways.

Stu