openHab2 RWE Binding

Schnicki,
As you I am also a bit disappointed of the new RWE release.
And also I was already thinking about alternatives. But then I realized, that the “version 1” Homematic devices are not something I want to by anymore. And the Homematic IP devices are at an equal price as RWE.

So, it looks like I’ll stay with RWE…

Art least the new upcoming OH2 RWE (or Innogy) Binding will be officially supported, so you just will have to wait (and switch to OH2)

Bye, Frido.

Victor,
since I tried the Fibaro Smoke Sensors on OH2 last week and had a very good first impression, I will also try their motion sensor and then try the rollershutter controller. Btw. I like the Z-Wave mesh concept.

When I (should I say) upgraded (?) RWE SH last week, I noticed, that I could not control my home from my app, when the online-service part or at least my connection to the internet is not available.
Plus, the new binding will require the API which itself requires an online connection. Until now, using the outdated firmware with Ollie’s great binding was ok, since it only required a local connection to your SHC.
Although I am very affine to cloud services (love Azure and AWS a lot) I don’t trust the new innogy in terms of availability. They seem to use parts of Microsoft Azure (at least in the old version did) but could not manage to scale their infrastructure to bear the early birds on Wednesday, not to mention their poor results in inno(gy)vation…