- Platform information:
- Hardware: Intel Laptop
- OS: Win10
- Java Runtime Environment: _which java platform is used and what version_1.8.0_251
- openHAB version: openHab2 windows stable 2.5.6
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
Installed OH as a service and I succeeded in installing my zwave binding and by first zwave meter switch.
Next day I set my browser to http://localhost:8080 and it could not find it.
Back tracked and found an error in my java version in the Win System Variables.
Decided to repeat the installation from the beginning and downloaded the latest Java, checked that it was recognized by Win, changed Java file name to the new file, downloaded a new openHAB2 and unziped it to the openHAB2 folder, clicked on start.bat and the karf window flashed and closed and nothing happened.
Where should I look next?
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
Open a commad prompt or PowerShell and navigate to the openHAB folder and run start.bat from there. that will let you see the error that appear.
Thank you Rich
The error is: Error: Could not find or load main class Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=COM5
What is this? Com 5 is assigned to my zwave stick.
The best I could tell is there is some sort of problem with permissions or otherwise accessing the COM port. Maybe try rebooting the machine. Look in device manager to see if anything is reporting errors. Stuff like that. I’ve no experience with openHAB on Windows (don’t even have a Windows machine at home any more) so I can’t offer anything else.
could it be that in EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS the minus ( - ) in front of -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=COM5 is missing ?
Can’t find EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS?
Did you check the environment variables that are set ?
My the directory named “Java” has version jre1.8.0_251
Obtained it under Java Zulu
My environmental system variables was set to: JAVA_HOME c:\Program Files \Java\jre1.8.0_251
From the command window:
java version “1.8.0_251”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_251-b08)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.251-b08, mixed mode)