Openhab2 Windows Karaf Addon installation help

New to Openhab2 and would like some help or advice installing an addon on my windows machine.

Installed openhab2 on my windows 7 machine using the zip file provided by the site. It runs in a console windows called karaf.
It took a while but I eventually got it working; did a standard installation, followed the tutorials and added some items of my own in.

I decided I would like to integrate openhab with my existing zoneminder server. I find the zoneminder add-on, check that it works with openhab2 and download this file zoneminder addon

Everything I read said it was as simple as putting the file into my addon folder (for me is C:\openhab2\addons).
However no matter what i did it never seemed to work, it didn’t appear in the paper UI as an add-on to be installed (Add-ons\bindings) or as an installed add on under the configure tab.

I have tried rearranging the folder, taking the files out of the folder they were in, putting them in another folder called binding and compiling them into a .jar file. I also tried this with two other add-ons (alltime and airquality) just to check the file wasn’t broken with no success.

I would really appreciate anyone who could help tell me where I’m going wrong or at least push me in the right direction.
Thank you for your time.

Take a quick look at the readme. Seems to indicate you will need to first manually configure the bridge.

Thank you for replying.

The issue I seem to have is that the way I’m trying to do it means that the Zoneminder and other addons I tried aren’t being recognized/picked up by Openhab instead of not working.

I created a bridge in the things folder according to the readme like you recommended just in case but with no luck. To be safe I also created the item and sitemap according to the readme with no results.

Still, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Did an install on a linux machine and put a .kar file into the addons folder. All sorted now thanks.