OpenHAB3 Echo Text to Speech Implementation - SOLVED

Yesterday I successfully implemented the Amazon Alexa Smart Home Skill for the first time.
Today I am trying to implement Echo Text to Speech thru the Amazon Echo Control Binding and am having very basic problems. I’m running OpenHAB3 3.0.2 and use configuration files as follows:

addons.cfg
I added amazonechocontrol to the addons.cfg:
binding = network,mqtt,wemo,exec,mail,amazonechocontrol

I assume OpenHAB will load the amazonechocontrol binding from the cloud and that I do not need to add it to the addons folder (I have read somewhere that org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol-3.2.11 (1).kar should be used?)

.things:

Thing echo                 EDkitchen      "Alexa" @ "Kitchen"  [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
		Thing echo                 EDcomputer     "Alexa" @ "Computer" [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
		Thing echo                 EDmbr          "Alexa" @ "MBR"      [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
		Thing echo                 EDhottub       "Alexa" @ "HotTub"   [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
	}

.items:

String OHC_EDkitchen                "Echo TTS-Kitchen [%s]"                                      {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:EDkitchen:textToSpeech"}
String OHC_EDcomputer               "Echo TTS-Computer [%s]"                                     {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:EDcomputer:textToSpeech"}
String OHC_EDmbr                    "Echo TTS-MasterBR [%s]"                                     {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:EDmbr:textToSpeech"}
String OHC_EDhottub                 "Echo TTS-HotTub [%s]"                                       {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:account1:EDhottub:textToSpeech"}

.rules:

OHC_EDcomputer.postUpdate("Master control mode changed value")
OHC_EDcomputer.sendCommand('Hello World. Master control mode changed value')

OHC_EDkitchen.postUpdate("Master control mode changed value")
OHC_EDkitchen.sendCommand(OHC_EDkitchen)

Per the documentation at Amazon Echo Control - Bindings | openHAB

First Steps
Create an ‘Amazon Account’ thing
open the url YOUR_OPENHAB/amazonechocontrol in your browser (e.g. http://openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol/ (opens new window)), click the link for your account thing and login.
You should see now a message that the login was successful
If you encounter redirect/page refresh issues, enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Amazon account.

I started OpenHAB and it throws errors presumably because the amazonechocontrol binding is not configured.

I click on http://openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol/ and the site can not be reached :frowning:

I am missing / overlooking something very basic. What is it?
Again, I have the Amazon Alexa Smart Home Skill successfully running.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here’s my bootup error log:

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=smarthomej-binding-amazonechocontrol; type=karaf.feature; version="[3.2.11,3.2.11]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=smarthomej-binding-amazonechocontrol)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=3.2.11)(version<=3.2.11))" [caused by: Unable to resolve smarthomej-binding-amazonechocontrol/3.2.11: missing requirement [smarthomej-binding-amazonechocontrol/3.2.11] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.2.11,3.2.11]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol/3.2.11: missing requirement [org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol/3.2.11] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.smarthomej.commons.util)(version>=3.2.11)(!(version>=3.3.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11: missing requirement [org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.measure.format)(version>=2.1.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:392)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:378)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:332)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:257)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062)
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve smarthomej-binding-amazonechocontrol/3.2.11: missing requirement [smarthomej-binding-amazonechocontrol/3.2.11] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.2.11,3.2.11]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol/3.2.11: missing requirement [org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol/3.2.11] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.smarthomej.commons.util)(version>=3.2.11)(!(version>=3.3.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11: missing requirement [org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.measure.format)(version>=2.1.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol/3.2.11: missing requirement [org.smarthomej.binding.amazonechocontrol/3.2.11] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.smarthomej.commons.util)(version>=3.2.11)(!(version>=3.3.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11: missing requirement [org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.measure.format)(version>=2.1.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]
        ... 13 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11: missing requirement [org.smarthomej.commons/3.2.11] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.measure.format)(version>=2.1.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"
        ... 14 more

I made some progress. I figured out the link and successfully logged in and view a page of
Amazon Echo Control - Amazon Account information

http://10.0.0.9:8080/amazonechocontrol/

Now I’m suppose to “Create an ‘Amazon Account’ thing”
There is no button to do that :frowning:

And more progress. .things correction:

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:account1 "Amazon Account" @ "MyAddress@gmail.com" [discoverSmartHome=2, pollingIntervalSmartHomeAlexa=30, pollingIntervalSmartSkills=120] {
		Thing echo                 EDkitchen      "Alexa" @ "Kitchen"  [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
		Thing echo                 EDcomputer     "Alexa" @ "Computer" [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
		Thing echo                 EDmbr          "Alexa" @ "MBR"      [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
		Thing echo                 EDhottub       "Alexa" @ "HotTub"   [serialNumber="G090L..........."]
	}

I clicked on “Check Thing in Main UI” and it asked me to create an Administrator Account and gave me the opportunity to enter a NEW password. This appeared to me to be updating the password for my existing OpenHAB account, but out of desperation I tried it and I THINK it created the Amazon Echo Control - Amazon Account. The amazonechocontrol binding is now working. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.