openHAB3 UI / overview: size of cells - 3 (instead of 2) in a row possible?

I added few cells to my overview page. In my phone (openHAB app) I see 2 cells in a row. Can I scale down / resize it in a way so that I can display 3 in a row?

Click on the cell’s properties and select “column options”. There you can set what percent of the row the cell takes up based on the size of the screen.

Sorry, I try to find that but I failed. I am in Setting/Pages/Overview … The only I can do is configure cell or edit YAML … but I can’t see this option.

It may only be available when using rows and columns. When you click on the cell’s option there is a column options.

I don’t think you can do this through the configuration dialogs, but you can do it by directly editing the page code. Click on the code tab for the overview page and find the oh-grid-cells component on the page. Then you want to add a default number of columns to the cols configuration like this:

- component: oh-grid-cells
  config:
    cols:
      default: 3

If that doesn’t work because of your screen size or you only want 3 columns at a specific screen width then you need to add a parameter for your screen width:

- component: oh-grid-cells
  config:
    cols:
      default: 3
      1400: 3

Thanks, that works well. The only issue - I need to get rid for the decimal place, either in the item itself or in the cell. 2001 W fits into the size, but not 2001,04 W. Also this decimal place is just “noise”.

I did some experiments but failed. Not even sure it would help to create a rule cutting that. But this will double the number of items (one normal, one cutted) - or am I wrong?

You can add a state description to the item which will provide a form for the state to be displayed in without changing the value.

If it is a UI created item then you go to the item page and click on add metadata and choose state description from the list. Then add something like %.0f W to the pattern field in the dialog.

If it is a text file created item then the link below for how to add the state description.

That’s cool, you made my day. Thanks!