openHABian hassle-free openHAB Setup

Yeah, I still need to file a bug report that I cannot get openHABian running on my Mac mini! :innocent:

I’ll make sure to mention it - but only if http://docs.openhab.org/installation/openhabian.html is filled with decent content until then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Extortion! :smiley: Yeah that’s on my TODO list :disappointed:

Only debian based systems, sorry. You could install Debian on your mac though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ThomDietrich

did a update / upgrade this eve and didnt get the newest with kodi binding that kai mentioned was in the newest release. What do I need to do?

Please first check which build you are on. Compare with the following to know if you are on the latest.

https://bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/openhab2#release

I have just tried to update and get these errors:

2017-01-11 13:05:19.664 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'house.items'
2017-01-11 13:05:20.367 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'rrd4j.persist'
2017-01-11 13:05:20.435 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'mapdb.persist'
2017-01-11 13:05:23.383 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'house.rules'
2017-01-11 13:05:23.828 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'timeField.rules'
2017-01-11 13:05:25.508 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'house.sitemap'
2017-01-11 13:05:27.899 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at /start
2017-01-11 13:05:30.063 [WARN ] [url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver] - Error resolving artifact org.openhab.ui:org.openhab.ui.habpanel:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: [Could not find artifact org.openhab.ui:org.openhab.ui.habpanel:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
java.io.IOException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.ui:org.openhab.ui.habpanel:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: [Could not find artifact org.openhab.ui:org.openhab.ui.habpanel:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:720)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
	at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:659)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
	at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:600)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
	at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:567)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadTask.download(MavenDownloadTask.java:36)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:60)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]
Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.ui:org.openhab.ui.habpanel:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
	at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
	at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
	at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
	at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)
	at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:705)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
	... 12 more
2017-01-11 13:05:30.103 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-yahooweather, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-zwave': Error

The UI says Please stand by while UIs are being installed. This can take several minutes.
but I’ve waited a while now.

Can anyone help?

I didn’t see this myself, upgrading two systems with different setups but there was another user with the same problem. For a quick solution see:

Remember to make a backup of your configuration and userdata beforehand.

i wont be in front of a computer to access to check until later today, but will do it…is there a possibility of adding a backup / restore feature to openhabian-config? would just add to the great work you’ve already done.

Totally. It would do more or less what you can find behind the link, plus some menu logic to present some hints and give the user a selection of which backup to restore. I’ll just have to find the time for that. Please create an issue referencing your message: https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/issues

Thank you. An install of the addons did the trick.

that too will have to wait until im in front of a computer, cant sign up for a github account on my phone.

Hi @ThomDietrich, I am currently on build #710 (did the repository switch already using openhabian-config “Update & Openhab2” option). Today I wanted to check if there is an update available. According to your link to the Bintray releases this should be the latest release:

2.0.0~20170110001819 (Jan 09, 2017)

My release #710 is this one:

2.0.0~20170108170225 (Jan 08, 2017)

Problem is: I have tried apt-get update && upgrade and also openhabian-config with option “Openhab2”. But neither command got me the desired update. It seems that the update process doesn’t “see” the newer version.

Any ideas?

Hey @jaydee73, you found an actual bug there :slight_smile: Your openHAB release is fine, openHABian is presenting the latest openhab2-offline package version installed on your system. Let me fix that.

Hi Stefan,

Apologies for my late response. You are 100% correct, the service runs even after a hard crash. I’ve tested it and it starts perfectly.

Craig

Hello everybody,
The image project is really great.
I would like to use the homematic module “HM-MOD-RPI-PCB” with homegear.
I have already tried a lot but it does not run.
Is this supported or can someone help?

Kris

Hey @space4u, I am a Homematic user myself. I’m using a busware SCC to interface with homegear though. I totally think that should be possible. You will need to go three steps I believe:

@jaydee73 it’s fixed. As always, please run Update+BasicSetup :wink:

Hi @space4u, I’m quite new with very little experience with my own HM-MOD-RPI-PCB. But I read several times that there might be an issue together with the onboard bluetooth if you are running it on a Pi3.

1 Like

In this case option 2 of the mentioned “Serial Port” menu will come in handy :wink:

Tried to upgrade and run basic setup about 40 minutes ago and got a bunch of 404 errors for cloudbees. Upgrade failed of course.

I’ve just executed

• “Update”
  • “Basic Setup”
  • “OpenHAB 2”

No problem.
However, that’s no wonder, as cloudbees isn’t present on my system anymore. Why is it on yours!?
Check the output of the following command for “cloudbees” please:

cat /etc/apt/source.list.d/*

I get “No such file or directory”.

Just to confirm, when updating should I do “OpenHAB 2” or upgrade via apt-get?

This is what I get when running “Basic Setup”:

W: Failed to fetch https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/ws/distributions/openhab-offline/target/apt-repo/Packages HttpError404

W: Failed to fetch https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/ws/distributions/openhab-online/target/apt-repo/Packages HttpError404

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.