Openhabian import x86 oh3 backup (solved)

I’m installing openhabian on a pi4 (2gb)
I’m having trouble getting it to set up as it never seems to start openhab. (Going to http://openhabian:8080 or the ip:8080 says not available or connection refused).

I also tried to import my backup via the config file and after thru openhabian-config and in openhabian-config it says import failed. My backup is coming from a Samsung tablet (i5 2nd gen - 4gb ram , obv x86-64). Is this my issue? Do I need to set up everything fresh? Or use the 64bit version of openhabian? I just stopped before I broke something and figured I would ask.

Edit: Read for solution.
My system is now working. It took a reflash with fresh backup from the old system without persistence installed (I wasn’t even using it) (suggested by @mstormi ) and the XML fix (from @Wolfgang_S ) AND reinstalling all my bindings after it spun up. But it works. And now I can retire my 2012 tablet PC and reclaim my bedside table space.

Thank you all for your help.

The configs for OH themselves are just text so that’s not a problem. If you’re backup was a full backup which includes the actual installed add-ons. You might try doing OH and clearing the cache to see if that helps. if not I don’t know what the penmen carb be but it’s not your configs.

My backup was just a openhab-cli backup zip file.
I will try installing without touching the config file at all and then importing the config file. I’m also thinking about doing a manual install on rpi-os lite if that don’t work.

Reflashed and let boot and script run - openhab appeared to have started - tried to import config via openhabian-config and it said “failed to import”. Tried via openhab-cli and it imported but now it doesn’t seem to work? Trying to go to openhabian:8080 or IP:8080 results in “refused to connect” even though checking service status shows active. I have tried using openhabian-config to reset file permissions. I have tried on both wifi and ethernet. I am clearly missing something or did something wrong. There is an old text config on my current system that I am backing up is that maybe the problem? any suggestions are welcome as I’m just not sure what’s going on.

Log : Oh3 log - Pastebin.com

Log 2 after clearing cache and rebooting : oh3 log 2 - Pastebin.com

edit: I was able to get the log from the web viewer client so something is working.

Could installing to USB instead of sd card be causing problems? I run all my pis on USB so I didn’t even think twice about it.

Enable debugging for and try removing persistence data. Files are incompatible across processor architectures.

This seems to be similar to openHAB 3.2 Release discussion - #6 by timbms .
May be that helps to solve the issue or at least to get less entries in the log file.

Would just uninstalling persistence (and any other unused bindings) and redoing the backup on my working machine then importing the new backup fix that or should I reflash?

My system is now working. It took a reflash with fresh backup from the old system without persistence installed (I wasn’t even using it) (suggested by @mstormi ) and the XML fix (from @Wolfgang_S ) AND reinstalling all my bindings after it spun up. But it works. And now I can retire my 2012 tablet PC and reclaim my bedside table space.

Thank you all for your help.

1 Like