Openhabian no logs

hi all,

since the update 1.4 eg openhab 2.2 stable upgrade i have no logs in the karaf console with log:tail. have a other user the same problem? i connect via ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101. the karaf console load finish and i wrote log:tail but the output is nothing. log:display is the same output.

thanks and greetz…

You come from OH2.1? Then you probably did not update org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg.
The logger has changed since 2.1, so the configuration had to be changed also, but if upgrading, the default behavior of apt-get is, not to overwrite this file. When updating, apt will ask what to do, and it’s very likely that you just did the default “keep old configuration” which is wrong in this case.
Please take these steps:

cd /var/lib/openhab2/etc/
ls -l org.ops4j.pax.*

if there is a file named org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg.dpkg-dist, these are the steps to get logging working:

sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
sudo mv org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg.old
sudo mv org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg.dpkg-dist org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
sudo systemctl start openhab2.service

EDIT: corrected typo for future reference.

1 Like

Hi Udo, thanks for your fast reply. yes i come from openhab 2.1. i updatet via apt-get but i have no org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg.dpkg-new file. see the screeni. have you a another idea?

thanks!

Just exchange “new” in @Udo_Hartmann example to “dist”. It’s the file of the distribution.

oops, typo… sorry :slight_smile: I meant -dist

thanks all - problem is fixed!