[openHABian] PI4 wifi setup post install

Is there a script I can run to setup WiFi on my fresh openHABian PI4 ?

I did the install using cable, but now, I need to move it to wifi and the openhabian-config tool doesn’t work on PI4

Thank you

Use raspi-config to setup wifi.

I seem to recall a recent thread concluding that it was just better to start over (assuming you haven’t gone too far into your setup).

It should do, so please help debug (add -x to functions/wifi.bash and open a Github issue with openhabian).

Nope. raspi-config can conflict with openhabian-config and therefore is not available in openHABian.
It shouldn’t be at least.

I did set the -x, but then I do a sudo openhabian-config, system setting, set wifi, it fails saying not compatible with pi4 and exit

2020-04-04_06:35:17_CEST [openHABian] Loading configuration file '/etc/openhabian.conf'... OK
2020-04-04_06:35:18_CEST [openHABian] openHABian configuration tool version: [master]v1.5-554(a114b4f)
2020-04-04_06:35:18_CEST [openHABian] Checking for changes in origin... OK
2020-04-04_06:35:32_CEST [openHABian] Setting up Wifi (PRi3 or Pine A64)... FAILED
2020-04-04_06:35:37_CEST [openHABian] Checking for default openHABian username:password combination... OK
2020-04-04_06:35:37_CEST [openHABian] We hope you got what you came for! See you again soon ;)

I tried it just now on my RPi4 and got this message from openhabian-config. @mstormi, I can open a ticket if necessary, but I don’t know how to run the debug commands you mentioned.

yes, that’s what I have also

So I checked the script and ran the config manually and wifi is now working fine, so I think it is just the “if” in the script that prevents PI4 to be allowed in wifi.bash

if ! is_pithree && ! is_pithreeplus && ! is_pizerow && ! is_pine64; then
    if [ -n "$INTERACTIVE" ]; then
      whiptail --title "Incompatible Hardware Detected" --msgbox "Wifi setup: This option is for the Pi3, Pi0W or the Pine A64 system only." 10 60
    fi
    echo "FAILED"; return 1
  fi

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.