OpenWeatherBinding - error invalid apikey

Hi,

i have read some same Posts but with no one i can solve my Problem. I have install direct the OpenWeatherMap binding, before i uninstall the Weather binding. I create yesterday a API Key @ OpenWeatherMap site und it works. It test ist with the URL und get a json File where i can the the Informations

http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast?id=524901&APPID=API KEy

So API Key should work fine, but in my logs i see

2019-01-07 08:17:40.358 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing ‘openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local’ to inbox.
2019-01-07 08:17:41.497 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘standard.things’
2019-01-07 08:17:50.219 [TRACE] [NXnet/IP Tunneling 192.168.3.50:3671] - sending connection state request, attempt 1
2019-01-07 08:17:55.629 [WARN ] [nWeatherMapWeatherAndForecastHandler] - @text/offline.conf-error-invalid-apikey
2019-01-07 08:17:55.662 [WARN ] [nWeatherMapWeatherAndForecastHandler] - @text/offline.conf-error-invalid-apikey

I use the actual Nightly Build Version of Openhab.

Thx for help

Andre

Do you use the paperUI or text based config?

Hi,

text based config i have used.

I have found another Post

_I need some help figuring out things with this binding - first off, I like this one very much, especially since Wunderground and Yahoo will stop their free API services soon.

I have a working API key for the free plan. I have figured out that I have to add the weather-and-forecast thing using
forecastHours=96, forecastDays=0

(the forecastHours something below 5*12 for the free plan and forecastDays set to zero because otherwise, I end up with @text/offline.conf-error-invalid-apikey errors.
_

I think this can be the solution, i will try it at the evening.

Post your config

You can ignore this error message. It occurs if you are using the free API. I get the same message in my installation, and it confused me, too. I can remember that I also had some problems with the configuration in PaperUI, but now I have got a working textual configuration.

Hi,

you are right, it works if i ignore the message. If i set the forcastdays greater then 5*12, it works too and i don´t receive the error message.

@ Vincent at the Moment i used the examples of the bindings https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/openweathermap/

But i can see only the Current und forecasthours informations, for the forecast days i dont receive Information. Any Idea?

I used the free API Key. The OpenWeatherMap Site says 3Hours / 5 Days with the free account. Or can i only the 5 Days forecast and not lower and higher forecasts?

Regardes

Andre

You need a paid api for the daily forecast.

@5iver made a workaround for free api:

The free API will give you a 5 day forecast, but in 3h increments. With the free API, forecastDays must be 0, and forecastHours can be up to 120 (5 days). Depending on the time of day, there could be 1-8 hourly forecasts for the current day, in 3h increments. The script I made will add/remove the hourly forecast Items into the proper groups, based on the current time, to give you a group for days 1-5 with subgroups that give the average temp, humidity, etc. Essentially, giving you a 5 day forecast, which includes the remainder of today. Hope that makes sense!

I have a personal station on wunderground, but if the wunderground binding doesn’t get updated to use the new API (I think we have until Feb 15), I will be setting up a HABPanel widget to use with the OWM data and daily forecasts from the script.

Thx for your answers,

@Scott with you info i understand the 3 hours / 5 days info, so i am clear in my understanding.

@Chris, i will try your script., looks good.

regardes

Andre

This is not my script!!!
@5iver wrote it!