Openweathermap binding enable one call API channels

Hi all,

I’m a bit screwed up trying to use the 2.5.11 openHAB binding for openweathermap with the one call API.
The plain binding is working quite well for the ‘old style’ calls.
To enable the one call stuff I started with the bindings docu and created the things file:

Bridge openweathermap:weather-api:api "OpenWeatherMap Account" [apikey="XXXX", refreshInterval=60, language="de"] {
Thing onecall         local         "Local Weather and Forecast" [location="X,Y"]
Thing onecall-history local-history "Local History"              [location="X,Y", historyDay=1]

}

Afterwards I created the items file from the docs. Unfortunately only the data for current conditions appear but no data for any kind of forecasts. For the channel I tried

openweathermap:onecall:api:local:forecastToday

as well as

openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday

But all items stayed empty.

Is there any working how to I can read or any one out here who could guide me?

Chris

What is the error that appear to you? I think that onecall api only works in openhab 3 :frowning:

Indeed the onecall API version of the openweathermap binding only works with OH3. However, there is a 2.5 beta version available at Klimts private Cloud

It may have some issues as I concentrated on the OH3 version when it became clear that the OH2.5 PR would not be merged finally. If you find a problem, please drop me a note, maybe I will fix it (but I don’t promise :slight_smile: )

The items stay empty for any forecast.

Thanks for the hint. I will give it a try :slight_smile: