Orvibo AllOne IR Blaster Guide

I’ve tried it without success. The protocol is different than for the AllOne. I haven’t had time to reverse engineer the communication but I did do some package captures and confirmed the messages are different than the Python script expects… If you find out anything about it, please share.

I did train the ir-codes for sat-receiver VU+ Solo, Sony Home Theatre System (BluRay) and Samsung TV (I have to look up model numbers).
Oh and for that vacuum cleaner called ‘ilife v5’.
Is it interesting to open up a pool of files with py.ir-codes, so that not each of us has to fabricate those py-files?
I could share mine.
And I did put up some rules that could be interesting, too. I have rules by which I can manage to get to a certain Point in menu like Netflix.
In my setup I have a switch for the electricity that gets switched on. Afterwards the TV is switched on after a sleeptimer of a few seconds (time the TV needs for boot process) and then I tell my BluRay to switch to Netflix (by clicking down,down,etc. , not a ‘smart TV’).

1 Like

@Whitee could you please share your configs/ir codes on some github repo?

Also, how do you guys mount the Orvibo AllOne in your home? Im thinking of a place that’d reach AC, my vacuum nearby and TV set as well.

Has anyone had issues with the orvibo.py not finding device? I have tried the following with no luck.

pi@raspberrypi:~/orvibo $ python orvibo.py

pi@raspberrypi:~/orvibo $ python orvibo.py -m a020a61b44f3
Orvibo[type=None, ip=None, mac=a020a61b44f3]

pi@raspberrypi:~/orvibo $ python orvibo.py -i 192.168.178.49
Device ip=192.168.178.49 not found in [].

Hello,

I have a problem with the python script.
If I try to emit an IR code immediately after the device learns that code it works, but after that it’s not working no matter how many times I try to emit the code.
If the device learns the code again, it works again but only the first time.
From the Wiwo app is working perfectly.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

Thanks

Well it can hapen the device is not found. either its the time issue, you then have to wait a bit or keep trying. Did u try with sudo? You did check the ip and made it staic in your router did you? It can depend on the pythion version…did you try python3 and 2?
It is the case that the binding does not provide commands following each other in a cirtain amount of time, I had to build in a buffertime from 1-2 secs.
And with the exec-binding 2 there are always problems, use the binding for oh 1.x.
I myself had a ‘ghost’ switching the tv on and off all 10 secs.

Switch TV0 "TV 0" {exec=">[ON:python3 /opt/orvibo/orvibo.py -i 192.168.178.76 -e /opt/orvibo/TV/tv0.ir]", autoupdate="false"}

The python version is 2.7.9

I tried with sudo and without sudo, the result is the same.
It works the first time after the code is learned, and after that is not working anymore.

The IP is static (DHCP with static lease) and the device is discovered correctly every time.
Even when the emit command is not working, the python orvibo.py returns the correct IP and mac.

Is not related with the openhab binding.
Is not working directly from the command line either.

I just read the tutorial again and since this explicitly says use python3 I’d advise to give this a shot.
There are often cases you have to use python2 or python3, not even openhab-related. Give it a shot, even the python2-way works once.

I’ve tried all above and device still not discovered. Can you confirm model number you have working is VS20RB-1GO? Not sure if there are different models.

1 Like

I tried with python 3 and it’s working. Thanks.
Also, like you said, the script from this tutorial is working only with exec binding 1.x
With exec binding 2 it’s not working at all.

Same problem with me i have tried with same model still device not found.

It looks like Orvibo have changed their protocol, I guess this model is using it. https://github.com/Grayda/node-orvibo/issues/11

I have a problem with the ON/OFF switch item.
If the item is OFF when I press ON the exec-binding runs the python script with no problems but the item remains ON only for 30-60 sec when automatically is changed to OFF.
When the item is changed automatically to OFF the python script is not executed but it bothers me that the status is not preserved.

Below is the event log

2017-07-05 20:16:20.225 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘AirConditioner’ received command ON
2017-07-05 20:16:20.392 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - AirConditioner changed from OFF to ON
2017-07-05 20:16:50.365 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - AirConditioner changed from ON to OFF

2017-07-05 20:34:51.365 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘AirConditioner’ received command ON
2017-07-05 20:34:51.395 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - AirConditioner changed from OFF to ON
2017-07-05 20:35:50.327 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - AirConditioner changed from ON to OFF

The python lib also doesn’t work for me with the orvibo VS20RB-1GO model. Has anyone managed to get it to work with any other libraries?

I have been informed by Orvibo support that the Orvibo allone pro(VS20RB-1GO) does not support learning. :frowning: I guess this was not the model I needed to buy to make this work with the python lib.

Someone who has Orvibo working what model number do you have? could it be this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Orvibo-Allone-WiWo-R1U-Intelligent-controller-WIFI-IR-RF-wireless-remote-control-for-Smartphone/32320805158.html

Hi Wolfgang,
I have encountered the same problem as you did in March 2016, concerning the port 10000 being already in use. Do you still remember what you did to solve this problem - I know its quite a long time since your post…
Using the command netstat -nulp, I found out that openhab itself is using that port, but I have not found out how to change it, using grep I could not find any config file containing that number.

Even worse, if I stop the openhab process to release the port 10000, the script orvibo.py still does not find my “orvibo allone pro”. I also tried to pass the IP adress of my orvibo using the -i option, but no success.

I can access the “orvibo allone pro” using the homeMate app. Is there a newer firmware on the device, using a different port or a different “magic word” ?

Hi all,

I was able to setup TV remote on and off with orvibo using your guide. It worked initially later on during testing I found its not working now.

Initially, it was working from command line.

[20:56:10] openhabian@Raiba-SmartHome:/etc/openhab2/orvibo$ python3 orvibo.py -m accf234f82a6 -x irda -e test-TV-off.ir
Orvibo[type=irda, ip=Unknown, mac=accf234f82a6]
Emit IR done.
[20:57:13] openhabian@Raiba-SmartHome:/etc/openhab2/orvibo$ python3 orvibo.py -m accf234f82a6 -x irda -e test-TV-on.ir
Orvibo[type=irda, ip=Unknown, mac=accf234f82a6]
Emit IR done.

Later on, I tried the same from .items and sitemap it was not working.
hence I tried again from command prompt and it started giving below error.

getting below errors

[21:33:11] openhabian@Raiba-SmartHome:/etc/openhab2/orvibo$ python3 orvibo.py -i 192.168.1.103 -x irda -e test-TV-on.ir
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "orvibo.py", line 715, in <module>
    d = Orvibo.discover(o.ip)
  File "orvibo.py", line 330, in discover
    with _orvibo_socket() as s:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/contextlib.py", line 59, in __enter__
    return next(self.gen)
  File "orvibo.py", line 135, in _orvibo_socket
    sock = _create_orvibo_socket() if external_socket is None else external_socket
  File "orvibo.py", line 130, in _create_orvibo_socket
    sock.bind((ip, PORT))
OSError: [Errno 98] Address already in use

Kindly help.

Hi Dirk,

I have the same problem. I have Orvibo AllOne Pro and it works well with HomeMate App but running “python3 orvibo.py” nothing happens. Also I set a static IP Address for AllOne pro and running “orvibo.py -i 192.168.0.10” the result is “Device ip=192.168.0.10 not found in dict_keys([])”.

Did you solve your problem ?

I think the problem is the new Firmware in the allone Pro, the new firm includes a new protocol for the divice.

Hi, I tried the discovery command and returns nothing as @miarodriguezse says. Could you help me?