Pairing with Philips hue bridge

Hi,
I have a Philips hue bridge that needs the button pressed when starting OH, I have the config file set to auto detection but I still need to pair using the button on the bridge.

My problem is that I want to be able to start OH and not have to pair with the bridge by pressing the button.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

My users do not have view of the count down on the OH console sobtgey can’t see the time left to press the button.

This is my config file info, I do not have to do anything on a restart. I had to set up a developer account with Hue to run the URL that gives me the “secret” uuid. http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/getting-started

################################ HUE Binding #########################################

IP of the Hue bridge

hue:ip=192.168.0.19
hue:secret=4f3638ff1d1512da21b908ab11111111
hue:refresh=10000

Thank you @asjohnson9.
The thing is the ip address isn’t known. What I was hoping to do was to set auto discovery on and for it to just work. My users would not know how to access the ip address of their hue bridge. So I am guessing the pairing is to establish the link and for OH to find the ip address rather than for it to be hard coded.

Try using the 1.8 version of the binding. Fixed it for me.

@rossdargan are you saying that in version 1.8 the auto detection works without pairing or do you still need to press the button on the hub when OH first loads up ?

My users do not see the OH console so when theybplug in the OH server running on the Raspberry Pi they don’t see the count down timer asking the user to press the button on the bridge to pair OH with the bridge.

I wouldnidealy like for OH to auto detect and auto pair with the bridge without user intervention.

The first time you run it you must pair (even if you know the ip). With 1.7 after pairing it will tell you to repair each time (apparently it still works however). With 1.8 you won’t be asked to pair after every restart.

@rossdargan thank you