Paper UI - How to add item to persistence?

Hi,

I have a Homematic temperature sensor and use HABPanel to show the temperature in my living room.
Now I want to use persistence (mysql) to get a history.
I created y mysql.persist file:

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section

Strategies {
   everyMinute	    : "0 * * * * ?"
   every5Minutes	: "0 */5 * * * ?"
   every15Minutes	: "0 */15 * * * ?"
   everyHour        : "0 0 * * * ?"
   everyDay         : "0 0 0 * * ?"
   default = everyChange
}

Items {
  CCU2_Livingroom_Temperature : strategy = every15Minutes, restoreOnStartup
}

CCU2_Livingroom_Temperature is the name I used in PaperUI to create this item.

Unfortunately neither the ‘items’ table nor the ‘itemx’ tables are created in the mysql databse :frowning:
If I use an *.items file and configure the sensor inside this file then it works. This means databse is working correctly.
Does that mean I can use persistence only if I use *.items files instead of configuring items using Paper UI?
I want to use PaperUI to comfortably create/edit things/items and the persistence file (mysql.persist) to get my history working.

What I am missing?

Thanks…

Did you install the JDBC Persistence MySQL persistence service in paperUI?
Did you configure the mysql.cfg properly?
Do you have a running mysql server?

Yes I use JDBC persistence on a MySQL server.
jdbc.cfg is configured well.
MySQL server is up and running.

Hi @mr.burns,

The easiest way I can think of to configure persistence via Paper UI is to use the Group based persistence design pattern. Idea is to use a group in your persistence strategy. Adding or removing items to/from a group is possible in Paper UI while editing the item.

Please note that we currently seem to have a little problem with JDBC persistence.

Then you should do this,
You will find that in the long run it is far easier to maintain items via files than by the paperUI.