Paradox EVO Binding

Many thanks! It works. After 3 sec it locks or unlocks.

Just document the example for others. It should looks like that:

Just to clear, when can I expect it in the milestone build included? Currently I keep this binding’s jar file in addon folder besides the normal addon files.

Hi,
I’ve opened a pull request last year but with recent transition from ESH back to OpenHAB core probably the reviewers don’t have time for this right now. (https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/4309)
I also need to do the necessary changes in the code to have the requirements in the headers based on the switch mentioned by Kai, so I’m thinking about canceling this pull request, flatten all changes and create new one in current condition for 2.5.0 version the next days. Btw I successfully upgraded my homes system to 2.5.0 milestone and so far no issues so next is to do the changes in the coding in Paradox binding

Cheers,
K.

Hello,
Thanks. I use 2.5.0 as well together with that binding. Just let me know in witch version it will be included in normal addon file. Than I will refresh and do a trial. Thanks for your previous hint. To be honest I do not understand why I did not find the problem by myself.

Thanks

Istvan

Hi all,
I have closed the old PR.
The binding code has been moved to 2.5.0 version and I have flatten all changes for easier reading by reviewers.
Also updated the licensing information as per this thread:

New PR: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/4762

New location of JAR files:
EDIT (Had to move them out of the bindign folder so decided to create new repo for binaries): https://github.com/theater/binaries/tree/master/ParadoxAlarm

Cheers,
K.

Hello,

I updated to openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1512 and downloaded org.openhab.binding.paradoxalarm-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. It works without any problem. Thanks. Binding is not included this OH version. I had to put jar file to addon folder.

Hi,

Thanks for testing!

Until the PR is approved the procedure will be manual download of .jar -> put under addons folder.
I’ll put a note here if/once the pull request has been integrated in main openhab addons.

Cheers,
K.

Hi,

Thank you for the binding!

Unfortunately it does not work for my installation:
Openhab 2.5.0.M1 on Windows
Paradox EVO192 3.20, IP150 1.39.02/020

It says login to IP150 is ok, but then it fails:
[INFO ] [l.handlers.ParadoxIP150BridgeHandler] - Phase1 - Identify communicator
[INFO ] [al.communication.GenericCommunicator] - Login - Login to IP150 - OK
[ERROR] [al.communication.GenericCommunicator] - Logon to panel failure.
[INFO ] [al.communication.GenericCommunicator] - Logout packet sent to IP150.
[INFO ] [al.communication.GenericCommunicator] - Stopping communication to Paradox system
[INFO ] [al.communication.GenericCommunicator] - Waiting the socket to close…
[INFO ] [al.communication.GenericCommunicator] - Communicator closed successfully.
[ERROR] [.handlers.ParadoxAlarmHandlerFactory] - Unable to create IP150 Bridge handler. Exception: {}
java.io.IOException: Unable to read from socket or received data is wrong.
followed by a long dump of details.

Any ideas what could be the problem?
To double-check: The pcPassword is only numeric and is the usual access code to the alarm system put in manually in the panel, isn’t it?

Martin

Hi,
the error says it all - Logon to panel failure.

Either the ip150 password or PC password are wrong.
PC Password is not your pin but the numeric value of section 3012 of programming. Default is 0000.

I’ve updated the documentation a bit during the review. Now it’s more readable than before I believe.
Please check again:

Also it would be probably good idea if I upload another build because I’ve changed a lot the handling during the code review process, especially the creation and asynchronous communication.

Best regards,
Konstantin

Thank you for the fast reply!
I was not aware that there is an other pin … for the http-access and the free Android-app I use, the usual pin was sufficient.
The default does not work - I have to ask my security company, hopefully they will tell me the PC password.

The other way is to enter programming mode (you will need the programmer PIN for that) from your keypad and check the value of section 3012. It’s pretty easy. Just refer to the programming guide.
If you don’t feel confident with that probably asking security company would be the best idea.

I do not have the programmer PIN either. The only two things I have are the panel user code (I think with admin rights) and the module password (I suppose that this password at least works according to the log " Login - Login to IP150 - OK"). I have to wait for the answer of the security company.

Hello, Can you update the JAR file? I can not reach IP150 through http till openhab runs. Paradox Android App is able to log in from both LAN and WAN.

Hi,

This is limitation of IP150 as far as I know. You cannot also connect via web interface if you’re connected via Babyware and vice versa.

For this to work I’ve created a command channel to the bridge. You can map a button to send LOGOUT/LOGIN command from OpenHab to the security system. With this option you have the flexibility to connect/disconnect on demand.

Please check the README. There is an example how to setup such item. If you have issues please let me know.

Cheers,

K.

OK. Pls update the download folder with the latest jar file. Then I can update.

Hi.
New version has been uploaded.

Backward incompatible changes exist - some channels got renamed due to review requirements, also the static data like serial numbers, firmware revisions, etc is now modelled as properties and not channels.

Cheers,
K.

Hi @Jean_Henning,

Just wondered if you still invest time in reverse engineering this protocol and if you have any progress with partition activate/deactivate commands?

One additional question.
I’ve found that after the login sequence if you wait for around 200-300ms and call receive from the socket, there is a 37 bytes packet received which does not fit into the staging you’ve documented. What I currently do is I just receive and ignore it.
Did you noticed such packet at your system? Do you have any clue what it’s doing?
I’m currently away from home but when I get back I will publish the contents if you’re interested into it.

Cheers,
Konstantin

Hello,

At the moment I use this OH version: openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1512
If I update newer snapshot, your binding does not work.
I have problems with other bindings as well, like Xiaomi.
It becomes very unstable.

Are you using the JAR or the source code and build it yourself?
I believe in my last push due to requested changes there is a regression in communication part when the binding times out.
I will try to fix it as soon as possible but meanwhile please use the latest built JAR.

Cheers,
K.

EDIT: Just checked. My Openhab is M1 release. Haven’t upgraded since then…

1 Like