Persistence API Reports Different Counts

While trying to solve another issue, I came across this issue. If I query this REST API, I can see there are 26 entries/results for my meter:

/rest/persistence/items?serviceId=influxdb
[
  {
    "name": "AeotecEnergyMeter_ElectricmeterkWh",
    "count": 26
  },
]

However, if I then query the API for that data, I get 0 results:

/rest/persistence/items/AeotecEnergyMeter_ElectricmeterkWh?serviceId=influxdb&boundary=false

{
  "datapoints": "0",
  "data": []
}

What’s going on here? Why does one API endpoint say there is data but the other endpoint says no data?

Which version of OH?

What happens if you define a start/end time?

OH 3.2.0
No difference if I supply date range

/rest/persistence/items/AeotecEnergyMeter_ElectricmeterkWh?serviceId=influxdb&starttime=2023-01-01T00%3A00%3A00&endtime=2023-01-31T00%3A00%3A00
{
  "datapoints": "0",
  "data": []
}

I just realized that OH doesn’t inform you in the UI that you are not on the latest version. I’ll upgrade to 3.4.1 shortly and check.

Just for future reference, a new version of OH is released every six months, usually sometime in June and again sometime in December. OH 4 should be released this coming June.

I do remember that using the API Explorer (REST API) to call for ALL items did not work, as I never checked that on other services ( other then rrd4j) I assumed that to apply to all.

I checked today (on openHAB 3.4.0 M3) for rrd4j ( empty result) and mapDB (each persisted item with its last state). Can’t say what the actual output of the call for “GET
/persistence/items” on influxDB would be.