Persistence - override strategy for specific items

Hi, I use mysql-persistence, in the mysql.persist I have defined that each item should be saved on change
Items {
* : strategy = everyChange, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
}
that’s basically what I want, only a few items generate too much changes - I would like to override only these specific items and leave all the others to be saved on-change, like that:

* : strategy = everyChange, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
tasmota_Current : strategy = every5Minutes, everyDay, restoreOnStartup

but it’s not working, my tasmota_Current item is still stored on every change
can I override specific items in the mysql.persist file?
I can not enumerate all the items I want to store… that’s too much items

br Bohuslav

Have you thought about and tried to setup and use groups ( alltasmota*, allnontasmota* ) ?

From persistence doc:

<groupName>* - all members of this group will be persisted, but not the group itself. Optionally, an alias may be provided if the persistence service requires special names (e.g. a table to be used in a database, a feed id for an IoT service, etc.) Note that * is NOT a wildcard match character in this context.

You can define how each Item is saved but you cannot override. And strategies are additive so by using “" that means all Items in the system. You can’t have that in your persist file if you want different Items to use different strategies. You’ll need to list all your Items but tasmota_Current for in place of the "” which is where @Wolfgang_S 's suggestion comes in. Add alll the Items you want to follow the first strategy to a Group and put that Group in place of the “*”.

hm… that means I need to update 250+ items and assign them all to a group e.g. gPersistOnChange. I will do that
anyway - thank you for your support