Philips HUE actions delayed in OH or HUE bridge?

• Platform information:
  • Hardware: Mac Mini (late 2012), 16GB RAM
  • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu 11.0.10
  • openHAB version: OH3.2.0
  • Issue of the topic: Light bulbs controlled via Philips HUE binding react delayed.

I implemented a dimmer DSL script to increase and decrease the brightness of some bulbs.
My script is based on the approach discussed here: Dimmer with physical Switch
I just adapted it to my shellies acting as trigger and added a dimming direction.
Beside this my DSL is pretty much the same.
I started to test it with a Philips light strip, which works smoothly.
There is a small but noticeable delay between release of the button and the strip stops brightness updates.
All fine here. Unfortunately it become very worse when I applied the DSL to a group of 3 lights (also Philips HUE filament bulbs). Instead of addressing all the items for all 3 lights independently, I use the zone item to group all lights. Basically the script works fine, but there is a delay of a couple of seconds. When I release the button, the lights still update brightness for a couple of seconds. Of course I overshot the intended brightness. The DSL becomes not useable.

I discovered my DSL immediately stops when the buttons are released, so there is a heavy delay between “sendCommand(Light_Spot_Zone, spotsDimmVal)” and its execution applied via HUE bridge to the lights.

What is causing this delay and are there actions to minimize delay?

If I rewrite the script to execute 3x sendCommand for each bulbs individually, the situation does not improve much.
Thanks in advance.