Philips Hue Bulb Not Working With ZigBee Binding

Hello,

I am trying to get working a Philips Hue Bulb just acquired. I manage to install the ZigBee Binding on a fresh buster openhabian 2.5.5-1 setup on a pi 3b.

The binding has discovered the Hue Device and has added a Philips LWA001 item to the things list, and a Dimmer Channel to operate the bulb.

However the bulb doesn’t respond to channel commands. Light does not turn on or off.

Attached please find the log (Zip format).openhab.log.txt (88.9 KB)

The files in userdata/zigbee folder are: 000D6F000DBF6429.xml (1.7 KB) 0017880108271CDF.xml (49.9 KB)

One thing I want to mention is that I verified that the following console bundles are installed:

211 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 1.3.4 β”‚ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
212 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 1.3.3 β”‚ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console
213 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 1.3.4 β”‚ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.ember
214 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 1.3.3 β”‚ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531
215 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 1.3.3 β”‚ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
216 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 1.3.4 β”‚ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis
217 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 1.3.4 β”‚ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee
218 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 3.3.0 β”‚ Commons Net
219 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 2.5.5 β”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Binding
220 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 2.5.5 β”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee CC2531 Bridge
221 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 2.5.5 β”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Console
222 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 2.5.5 β”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Console Ember
223 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 2.5.5 β”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Ember Bridge
224 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 2.5.5 β”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Telegesis Bridge
225 β”‚ Active β”‚ 80 β”‚ 2.5.5 β”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee XBee Bridge
but the command zigbee ncpsecuritystate
gives this result:

Error executing command: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember.EmberNcp.getTransientLinkKeyIndex(I)Lcom/zsmartsystems/zigbee/dongle/ember/ezsp/structure/EmberTransientKeyData;

After an extensive reading of the community documents, I don’t see anything that has been overlooked, but at this point I don’t know what else to do.

Thanks.

Mybe the same problem as I have: Philips LTA001 bulb; dimmer and colortemperature: no reaction on bulb

Not at the computer now, so I cant compare logs.

Looks to me as the bulb decides to leave the zigbee network.
I just searched for β€œDEVICE_LEFT” and can be very wrong of course.
@chris ?

Yes, this is probably the same issue as we discussed a week or two back. Apologies for the delay with this and I will try and look at this soon - I have purchased a bulb to allow me to test this and I received it this week (if anyone fancies donating a few ££ to help cover this, that would also be appreciated :wink: ).

If I get the Tradrfi blinds support completed today I might look at this afterwards if I’ve got time.

oh, yes, I was thinking about that, donated approx a 2-pack of White Ambiance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to take at least a first look at this today and try and gauge the issues with memory etc if I have to start using application keys.

@foruny you don’t mention the dongle you’re using. I can see that it’s an Ember, but can you tell me what it is exactly, and also what firmware it is using.

Thanks

The dongle is a BV 2010/10 and the firmware version number is 5.8.0.0

Thanks - so the same dongle as @NilsOF. For completeness, what OS are you using?

I’m using buster on a raspi 3b. It’s an openhabian installation upgraded today, so has the latest patches applied. OpenHAB is 2.5.5-1. No other binding, apart from ZigBee has been installed.