Philips Hue CLIP 2 API v2 Discussion Thread

The colour light is an ambiance light. So it only has blue-ish to yellow-ish colour. I always gave these lights a number value from 0 (the most blueish white) to 100 value.

I thought it happened with all my lights, but now I notice some other lights are staying at the colour I’m sending, so I’m doing something wrong somewhere I think.

For these types of lights, what value would you send to it. I’m just sending a number. Or should I send an percent type? Color-temperature should be a dimmer type if I’m correct.

To be clear, for each light I have 2 items. One for brightness, one for color-xy-only. I first send the brightness item a certain value, when that value is above 0, I send the color to it.

Such lights support neither the color channel nor the color-xy-only channel. They support color-temperature (or advanced color-temperature-abs) and brightness (or advanced dimming-only) channels only.

1 Like

If we explicitly set channel values to UNDEF when the device goes offline/gets the unreachable event, wouldn’t it be a good idea to poll it once when receiving the reachable event?

2 Likes

Yes. I already added that to my ToDo list.

3 Likes

It seems that prism is a regular effect, but it was not in the binding list of EffectType’s. The issue is recorded below, and I will make a PR to fix it after my vacation.

2 Likes

Hi There

I just attempted an upgrade to OH 4.1.0.0.M2 and ended up with the following:

10:47:28.043 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector ] - java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Client ALPNProcessors!

The Bridge THING would also not come online.

I have reverted to OH 4.1.0.0.M1 and all back online.

Any advise?

Thanks
Mark

It might be related to a recent Jetty upgrade:

Are you using the bundled version of the binding, or a custom JAR or Marketplace version?

The warning comes from the Jetty HTTP/2 client which is supplied as part of the OH core. I guess that it is possible that the core developers changed the Jetty setup (e.g. change to a new version?) between 4.1-M1 and 4.1-M2 ?? => Maybe one of the core msintainers can comment on this?

1 Like

I am using the bundled version of the binding.

FTR, I could also reproduce this:

2023-10-09 14:31:57.250 [DEBUG] [.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler] - checkConnection() Error opening HTTP/2 session
org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.exceptions.ApiException: Error opening HTTP/2 session
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.openSession(Clip2Bridge.java:1040) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.openPassive(Clip2Bridge.java:1012) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.testConnectionState(Clip2Bridge.java:1243) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler.checkConnection(Clip2BridgeHandler.java:169) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler.lambda$5(Clip2BridgeHandler.java:489) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) [?:?]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Client ALPNProcessors!
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:396) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2096) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.openSession(Clip2Bridge.java:1035) ~[?:?]
	... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Client ALPNProcessors!
	at org.eclipse.jetty.alpn.client.ALPNClientConnectionFactory.<init>(ALPNClientConnectionFactory.java:54) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http2.client.HTTP2Client.lambda$doStart$1(HTTP2Client.java:163) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http2.client.HTTP2Client$ClientSelectorManager.newConnection(HTTP2Client.java:511) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.createEndPoint(ManagedSelector.java:386) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.access$2100(ManagedSelector.java:65) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$CreateEndPoint.run(ManagedSelector.java:1069) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034) ~[?:?]
	... 1 more
1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Having the same issue. Is there a temp workaround?

It was fixed in a SNAPSHOT.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll change my repo to snapshot instead…thanks again!

Having the same issue on release build 4.0.3 after upgrading from 3.x.
API v1 Bridge is still working, but the API v2 Bridge gets the error.

Any ideas?

Hi

It is not clear which “same issue” you are having?

[quote=“Mark_VG, post:315, topic:142111”]
0:47:28.043 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector ] - java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Client ALPNProcessors!
[/quote].
Would only exist in 4.1.0.M2. It has also been fixed in teh later SNAPSHOT releases.

sorry, this is the debug log, and i am using 4.0.3

2023-10-12 13:36:04.589 [DEBUG] [.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler] - initializeAssets() org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler@768cf4
==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2023-10-12 13:36:04.568 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hue:bridge-api2:ecb5fafffe93221d' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
2023-10-12 13:36:04.593 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hue:bridge-api2:ecb5fafffe93221d' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==
2023-10-12 13:36:04.993 [DEBUG] [.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge] - Clip2Bridge()
2023-10-12 13:36:05.001 [DEBUG] [.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler] - checkConnection()
2023-10-12 13:36:05.003 [DEBUG] [.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge] - testConnectionState()
2023-10-12 13:36:05.004 [DEBUG] [.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge] - openPassive()
2023-10-12 13:36:05.010 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector] - java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Client ALPNProcessors!
2023-10-12 13:36:05.013 [DEBUG] [.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge] - close2()
2023-10-12 13:36:05.015 [DEBUG] [.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler] - checkConnection() Error opening HTTP/2 session
org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.exceptions.ApiException: Error opening HTTP/2 session
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.openSession(Clip2Bridge.java:1038) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.openPassive(Clip2Bridge.java:1010) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.testConnectionState(Clip2Bridge.java:1241) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler.checkConnection(Clip2BridgeHandler.java:169) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.handler.Clip2BridgeHandler.lambda$5(Clip2BridgeHandler.java:489) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Client ALPNProcessors!
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:396) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2096) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.connection.Clip2Bridge.openSession(Clip2Bridge.java:1033) ~[?:?]
	... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Client ALPNProcessors!
	at org.eclipse.jetty.alpn.client.ALPNClientConnectionFactory.<init>(ALPNClientConnectionFactory.java:54) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http2.client.HTTP2Client.lambda$doStart$1(HTTP2Client.java:163) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http2.client.HTTP2Client$ClientSelectorManager.newConnection(HTTP2Client.java:511) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.createEndPoint(ManagedSelector.java:386) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.access$2100(ManagedSelector.java:65) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$CreateEndPoint.run(ManagedSelector.java:1069) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034) ~[?:?]
	... 1 more

That has been fixed in a 4.1 snapshot.

Yes, i know

But that’s the point, this problem shouldn’t occur in the release branch.

Maybe they cherry picked it (the bug) back from M1 to release? (And not yet the fix…)