Philips TV (2016+) Binding

Yes, I refer to the wake on lan function. Philips changed something in its firmware. It seems to go in a deeper sleep after x period of time. When the TV is turned off (with the remote control) and short after turned on with OH, it does work. This makes things confusing.

Second I noticed last weekend during updating my (Ubuntu) openhab server. A minor update of the OS with a reboot. After reboot the Philips-thing on OH3.0.1 looses the handshake or equivalent.

I have no idea why but can confirm that the control breaks after every reboot. Pushing the thing in ā€œconfig pendingā€ or error state. Lucky it is not difficult to delete the TV and add it again.

The same here. (PUS8545) Tv cannot be started befor useing the remote control. After that, all works perfectly.
Is it possible to fix it for the 2.5 OH version?
Is https constant polling an option to prevent the deep sleep mode of the networkcard?
Thanks and greetings,
Markus

Pairing and switching power/WOL works perfect on my KNX LCD switches (Philips 50PUS8505) , I got stuck trying to use the music controls on the KNX switches to control the TV volume. But it looks like the Volume channel (number) can only be used to read the Volume and not control it, is that correct? Controlling the volume is only possible with the KeyCode channel?

Did it work to controle volume via a dimmer instead of number? I canā€™t get it to work

I like to give an update, the binding is fully operational again. Sadly I have no real clue what did it. I did not change the binding version. Perhaps it was Philips after all, latest update came on 2021-06-10.

I am able to turn the TV on again with openHAB (also after a long time).
After a reboot of the openHAB server the binding still works keeping the handshake. Not sure how that was solved.

Hi.
After some point, i get this:

CONFIGURATION_PENDING

Authentication with Philips TV device was successful. Continuing initialization of the tv.

it was ok after discovery of Thing and entered pair code, so I was able to control TV, but TV stays in Standby and now it shows the message above.

in a log I see:

Thing ā€˜philipstv:tv:93c1a174e1ā€™ changed from ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Pairing Code is available, but credentials missing. Trying to retrieve them. to ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Authentication with Philips TV device was successful. Continuing initialization of the tv.

As I see, Password field is empty, while User name field filled with some value.

How can I get the password?

Is this Working with the new 2021 TVs like pus 55 9206?

After entering the code, you need to press save. Then it will work. Try deleting the thing and configure it again within 2 minutes and press save.

I did it, but after some time, a password got lost, pin code is still there.

But I upgraded OH to 3.2 m1 and now the value is there, no issue anymore

Continuing the discussion from Philips TV (2016+) Binding:

Hi there,
thank You for great job in first place.
I have got some trouble to install/configure this binding, can You please help me to resolve it?
I am running OH 3.1, You can check part of the log bellow.

Thank You in advance!

2021-09-01 19:50:05.566 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.philipstv-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT-EXPERIMENTAL.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.philipstv [312]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

Hi,
i still have the problem with going offline after a while since the last 2 firmeware Updates. PUS8545.
Is there a workaround for the problem?
Greetings,
Markus

Hi,

Am I missing something here? I have two TVs (OLED804 and some other one) and this evening did maintenance and update to OH3.2 and 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2520

I configured them with both PINs and did press save and it said successfully configured. Then after one openhab restart the PIN stays, the PW is gone and itā€™s in config_pending. :frowning:

Did I miss something here? @Nik_Kashtanov What have you done to make it stick? :slight_smile:
binding has worked beautifully so far :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi @hschulze86. To be honest, i do not know, Iā€™m on openHAB 3.2.0.M3 and the the binding works ok.

One issue is if TV turns on via RC, there is no sync with openhab i.e. a power switch stays off while TV is on. but I still can power off it via the power switch

i use this version org.openhab.binding.philipstv-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I have a little Problem with the Ambilight Lounge Mode On/Off function.

All other functions working as expected.
Much Thanks for this work!!!

Phillips TV 50PUS8546/12.

When i switch the Ambilight Lounge Light On with Alexa and then off, the LEDā€™s donā€™t turn off completely.
The LEDs still light up very slightly.

And then the next time the TV starts up, the LEDs flash a short burst with full luminosity. Whatā€™s going on there?

Thanks alot!

Hello,

I have been using the Philips TV Binding for a while now. The first problems I had with the change to 3.0. Here I got again and again under found Things (Inbox) the TV displayed, although I had already added and set up. Furthermore, my TV Thing was already after a few days permanently offline which could only be fixed in which I added one of the found Things again. At some point I found a trick that had remedied, you had to enter the 4-digit pin force the MAC address with specify and everything was fine.
Now I have problems again after the change to 3.2.0 Build #2534. The TV was shown to me as before again in the Inbox. My TV Thing is now also regularly offline again but then goes online again by itself. Now, however, a few functions no longer work, so I can not see, for example, which app is currently open or the corresponding app icon. Also the Ambilight Hue Power has no function anymore, now only the Ambilight power works (not bad, the channel was just not used before). To remedy the situation I got the TV in again via the Inbox, at least I tried. But the TV does not generate a pin. And if I use the pin from the old Thing it goes online but the above channels still get no current status.

Maybe one j knows my problem and has a good tip for me?

Thank you!

Hi @bennYx0x
I did some small work on the binding to allow it to compile it again against oh3.3 with maven. Find it here: https://github.com/marcelrv/openhab2/commits/philipstv . Somehow github does not allow me to make a PR for it against your repository :confused:

Do you have the intention to submit your binding for inclusion as a regular openhab binding?
Or alternatively, would be nice to have it available in the binding market place, that would ease the installation. (to make it available is simply making a post in this forum)

2 Likes

Thx @marcel_verpaalen , Iā€™ve added those changes to the code base and invited you also as a contributor to my repository.

Indeed the question arised quite often and Iā€™ll decide in the next weeks if Iā€™m tackling this soon or at least add it as a market place binding for now. Iā€™ll be posting again in this thread.

EDIT: New compiled version against OH3.3 is now available as release in initial post. Validated against stable OH3.2

2 Likes

My 55PUS7354/12 is working fine with your version.
I also had the problem before that the TV was discovered again every time I switched it on, filling my Inbox, this problem is now gone.

Edit: The only thing not working yet is the ā€œcurrent appā€ and the ā€œapp imageā€.

1 Like

I can report Philips 70PUS8506/12 working with the OH 3 version.
Will report back if I encounter any issues with that TV.

What I think should be added is an example for the file-based Thing definition in the README.

Hi.
I hope this hasnā€™t been recently answered, I havent ploughed through this entire thread. I have problems getting the binding to work with my new 50PUS7906. I got nothing in my inbox and a scan didnā€™t show up anything so I tried adding the thing manually, entering the (static) IP that Iā€™ve set on it. However, I get nothing anyway. This is what I get in the log (with debug turned on for the binding):

10:18:50.795 [DEBUG] [stv.internal.handler.PhilipsTvHandler] - Create a Philips TV Handler for thing 'philipstv:tv:SovrumsTV'
10:18:50.800 [DEBUG] [stv.internal.handler.PhilipsTvHandler] - UPnP discovery enabled: true
10:18:50.802 [DEBUG] [stv.internal.handler.PhilipsTvHandler] - Discovery service registry was initialized.
10:18:50.804 [DEBUG] [stv.internal.handler.PhilipsTvHandler] - State description was initialized.
10:18:50.825 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'philipstv:tv:SovrumsTV' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
10:18:50.834 [DEBUG] [stv.internal.handler.PhilipsTvHandler] - Init of handler for Thing: Philips TV
10:18:50.843 [INFO ] [stv.internal.handler.PhilipsTvHandler] - Pairing code for tv authentication is missing. Starting initial pairing process. Please provide manually the pairing code shown on the tv at the configuration of the tv thing.
10:18:50.843 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'philipstv:tv:SovrumsTV' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Pairing is not configured yet, trying to present a Pairing Code on TV.
10:18:51.264 [DEBUG] [stv.internal.pairing.PhilipsTvPairing] - Request pairing code with json: {"scope":["read","write","control"],"device":{"app_name":"ApplicationName","device_name":"heliotrope","id":"wFNwEayestP7aZZQ","type":"native","app_id":"app.id","device_os":"Android"}}
10:18:51.265 [DEBUG] [.philipstv.internal.ConnectionManager] - Target Uri is: https://192.168.168.14:1926/6/pair/request
10:18:51.454 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'philipstv:tv:SovrumsTV' changed from ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Pairing is not configured yet, trying to present a Pairing Code on TV. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error occurred while trying to present a Pairing Code on TV.

After reading those log lines I checked if the TV is actually answering on tcp port 1926 and it doesnā€™t, so I guess I need to activate something in my TV settings first? What did I miss?

edit: After some googling I also checked port 1925 which also isnā€™t answering. Completely stuck now :frowning: