I created a binding for the Philips TV 2016 and later Series (Jointspace v6+), which use the Android TV OS. Therefore I am reaching out to you, seeking for tester. Please give me feedback and also write down your TV model.
I’ve tested all the functionality by myself with the 55PUS7101/12 model.
EDIT: It came to my attention, that some 2016+ TVs (e.g.: 55PUS6262/12) use the Jointspace Version 6.1 , which is in most cases identical to the 6.2 Version. However, some TVs with v6.1 does not need any Pairing in advance, since no Credentials are used. If YOU happen to own such a TV, please leave a post. I would adjust my binding to support such TVs, but I need testers in the first place.
Below you find all the information needed for getting started, enjoy!
17.01.19: Initial Version
22.01.19: Adjusted autodiscovery for 2017&2018 TV models
- Initial Pairing Process
- Automatically discovers if TV turned on/off
- Turn On/Off TV (On does only work with WOL, read Side notes below)
- Set and Read Volume/Mute
- Send Button commands (emulate Keys from infrared Remote Controller)
- Turn On/Off Ambilight
- Turn On/Off Ambilight + Hue
- Toggle Google Assistant Search on TV for given Input
- Start an Application (Netflix and so on)
- Show current App running plus Icon (ItemType: Image)
- Start a TV Channel
- Automatic refresh of current running App name, icon and the Volume (default 10 secs, configurable at the Thing)
- Turning ON needs to be used in combination with Wake-On-LAN Binding. At first I implemented it into the binding, but WOL is just not reliable enough in combination with Philips TV (20-30 secs till TV is finally ON). I recommend using HDMI-CEC instead, if possible.
- Source cannot be set or read. Sadly this feature was removed from the jointspace API. I recommend HDMI-CEC. If not possible this could be an alternative: https://github.com/eslavnov/android-tv-remote
- TV Channels cannot be read, only set. This was also removed, compared to earlier jointspace versions.
- Channels for KeyCode, AppName and TvChannel have as soon as the TV is initializied a List of available commands.
- Only Android TV based Philips TVs are supported right now.
- Sometimes, pretty rare, the TV does not accept commands (unknown reason). If this appears, the binding tries it automatically again.
- Full Ambilight control
- … there are still a lot of undiscovered features.
Tested TV Models:
- 55PUS7101/12 (WORKS)
- 43PUS6412/12 (WORKS)
- 65PUS8102/12 (WORKS)
- 49PUS8503/12 (WORKS)
- 50PUS7373/12 (WORKS)
- 55PUS6262/12 (NOT YET SUPPORTED) - Seeking for tester!
Important: The TV must be configured to always use the same IP via the network setting. See https://www.usa.philips.com/c-f/XC000008994/how-do-i--manually-configure-the--wireless-settings-on-my-philips-tv for help.
Place the following jar in your addons folder and follow the instructions below:
Follow the instructions and look at the full example items (open the Link for better view!):
…and give me feedback
Thanks go out to the creator and contributors of the SamsungTV Binding. Their code helped me a lot building a binding for a TV!