PID Controller Automation - KI Parameter

Hi,

I try to parameterize the PID Controller Automation to act as heating controller. The output of my heating controller should be a parameter, the opening position of the valve (0-1 or 0-100). The cycle time is 1 minute (60000 ms) - as heating is anyway very slow.

I am struggling with the Ki Parameter and the influence of the cycle time on it.
According to an official definition of a PID controller (e.g. Proportional–integral–derivative controller - Wikipedia) the KI parameter should not be influenced by the cycle time. In principle the (numerical) integral consideres td, but there should not be a need for changing Ki when changing cycle times.

When I try to interpret the documentation I am reading something different. PID Controller Automation - Automation | openHAB. For me this is not really clear. Unfortunately the example there uses exactly 1(second) as cycle time where this does not make a difference (if I stay in SI units).

So, lets assume I have a calculated KI, which is cycle time independent (or which fits also for a cycle time of 1 second). Do or how do I have to change it, when I have a cycle time of 60 seconds?

…i am not an expert in this topic, feel free to correct me!

…my test have shown, that for my case I have to multiply my Ki with 60 (based on 60 seconds) …and yes, in case I would change the cycle time I would have to change Ki again.

…nevertheless the PID works really cool and serves my purpose!