Pilight setup on openhab 2.4

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: VMware Virtual machine on ubuntu
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “11.0.4” 2019-07-16
    • openHAB 2.4

I am :trying to get pilight working, lack of documentation for 2.4. Managed to download and put org.openhab.binding.pilight-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar into the /usr/share/openhab2/addons/ directory, but then the ophab.log shows following:

2019-08-02 12:46:13.936 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007
2019-08-02 12:46:13.965 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.pilight ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.pilight
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.pilight [205]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.binding

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

2019-08-02 12:46:23.256 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.pilight-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.pilight [205]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

I also put a pilight.cfg into /etc/openhab2/services/, and added pilight into /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg.

I am wondering if anybody has this working in a fresh installed openhab instance, and what the best way is to get this done.

Search pointed me to this thread although others are warning the binding has been abandoned.

Hi Bruce,

Before i created this topic is already searched for possible solutions. I would jump a hole in the air if i came that far. My problem is that the plugin isn’t even starting, because it says something like:

It looks like it is missing something. i think that it is something what was available in the older version(s) of openHAB, but not in the newer… And i ( as a openHAB newbie) could not find a workaround so far.
So i hope someone can point me in the right direction…

Currently i got it working with the http binding. however this is only send-only. But it works. When i find some time i will share this workaround with the community!

1 Like