Pilight with OpenHAB2

Hi there!

I was working with pilight until yesterday. Then I found out about openhab and thought, that it has a lot more to offer and looks a lot nicer.
So I installed openhabian on my Pi2 and tried to figure things out. It was pretty difficult. I know my way around python and working with the config.json in pilight was not a big problem, but now I don’t even know where to get started.

I was working my way through the Beginners Tutorial and set up my smartphone. Then I installed the Exec-Binding Add-On since I didn’t find a pilight Add-On. After a couple of tries I figuered out a way to get one Switch working by using the exec-binding and execute the following command:

/usr/local/bin/pilight-send -p brennenstuhl -s 10 -u4 -t

so I added that Binding as a thing (Lampe Fensterbank an).
Then I added the Off command as another thing (Lampe Fensterbank aus) with:

/usr/local/bin/pilight-send -p brennenstuhl -s 10 -u4 -f

In the Basic UI i had the two things and when I toggled the run-switch it executed the shell command and it worked.

Then I wanted to build a button in the Panel-UI and I can’t get my head around that.

My Questions:
Is there a better pilight-implementation than exec-binding?

Can I create a Thing(Binding) with both commands in one Thing (the only difference is the “-t” or “-f”)?

How do I use the Panel UI with that switch?

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you for your time and your great work!
Ricky

Habpanel or PaperUI?

Not at this time as far as I’m aware of.

I think you can but it is not super straight forward and IMHO more complicated than just having the two Things.

Again, PaperUI or Habpanel? PaperUI is intended to be an administration UI, not a user’s UI. So you need to either create a sitemap and use BasicUI or follow the instructions for Habpanel here.

You can use the pilight binding from openhab1-addon distro.
I have defined all my power switches in pilight config.json and use the oh binding to control from oh2.

Hi there.
I’m new to openhab but I use pilight and homebridge, but looking forward to switch it to openhab. Can you please guide me step by step hot to get the pilight working on openhab? thank you

Hi, im using the same configuration (Pilight and Homebridge) and just playing around with openhab2 but its pretty frustrating (only in case of openhab!). It would be nice, if anyone has a guide to get this running on one Raspberry Pi. Thanks in advance - Jesco