Pine A64?

Great, glad to hear! We should also have something similar for the Raspberry Pi, unfortunately, it is quite some effort to maintain such images…

Kai, I downloaded the OpenHAB image for Pine64 from your G Drive. Can you please give me the login username and password to get access to it? I have just received the Pine64 Zwave module and am anxious to try it out.

You can find all details here: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A64_openHAB_Release

But maybe you want to wait for next week - I plan to do a new image with openHAB 2.0beta4 and support for the Z-Wave module pre-configured already.

1 Like

Kai, thanks for that I will await new image😊

Looking forward to the update!

I wasn’t able to get wifi to work on the existing image. wpa_supplicant is installed, but I couldn’t find any evidence of the wifi module being accessible, nor could I find the iwconfig, lspci or lsusb tools. Additionally, the TTY you get after booting doesn’t have a cursor, so it’s extremely painful editing config files.

Would it be worth upgrading from a rpi2, from a performance perspective?

Now that this version is out, I’m wondering what is the best way to install a new Pine64 with this version.
I would like to install everything by script so I can easily either re-install or install on a new pine64.

I don’t have that much linux experience yet I did install OpenHab2 beta 2 using script on a raspberry PI.
Should I download the http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A64_openHAB_Release
and then upgrade to the latests beta using a script?

Or better have another pine64 install (which one) and install openhabd4 from scratch?

• what size of SD card should I use to have a nice working Pine64 + Openhab2

Yves

I have created a new image with beta4 and Z-Wave support and provided it to the Pine guys. I am now only waiting for them to upload it to their servers and update the wiki. So my suggestion would be to wait for that.

thanks.
How long does it usually take them?

I have no clue - they so far never had to do an update :slight_smile:

Kai, any chance that you will share pine64 oh2b4 image on your gdrive or any other hosting service? I can’t make zwave pine64 module to talk with oh2.

Thanks in advance!
Robert

Hello Kai,

update is available now but doesn´t fit on my SanDisk Ultra micro-SD with 8GB storage. The old image fits but for the new one it shows me missing disk-space. Can you fix this?

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Regards
Marc

Hm, that’s nasty. No, I cannot easily fix this - I planned to build the image with a 4GB card, so that it would fit on any 8GB card, but unfortunately, I couldn’t get hold of any anymore…

The simplest workaround is probably if you get yourself a 16GB card - they are so cheap by now that this shouldn’t be a big deal, right? Nonetheless, sorry for the hassle, I admit that I am no Linux guru that is fluent in shrinking partitions for images…

I downloaded it,put it on a 16 gb card, seems to boot, but I don’t know how to connect to it.

I understand it’s headless and I assume from that I need to connect thru the network. I see the username and password on the pine website, yet it does not tell what tools to use them with .

ssh seems wrong. What tool do I need to use to connect originally?

(there is a website running on the pine , yet that looks strange and does not help me…)

You should be able to ssh into the pine64 and use port 8080 for the web
gui.

when I can’t, does that mean it’s not good installed?
And on the website I see something completely not openhab like

Hm, this doesn’t look like the right SD card image at all then…
I am currently not at home to test what the Pine guys have uploaded there. Did anyone else already try it?

The image is working. Are you using the correct ip address.

thanks for the question Luiz
before you question I was sure of that.
I had already started to reupload the image to my SD card.

I had started answering of course it is, its the only unknown wired IP adres.
so I opened my router again, to see that the ip adres was still there, even if the PINE was not connected anymore.
turns out a new television box had been added to our network.

so my problem is probably that the pine 64 does not boot.

when I added the SD card back into my mac, my OS complained it could not read the card.
is that normal ?
I guess (hope?) not.

yves

I get the same error with an SD card I got directly from PINE (that I did not change) with Android on it. so I guess it’s normal that it can’t be seen by my computer…