openHAB version: 2.4
TLDR; playSound wasn’t playing at 100% volume on google home speakers.
In my rule, I ran this code:
playSound("doorbell.mp3", new PercentType(100))
The audio sink is a google home mini speaker group (chromecast:audiogroup). However I also observed this behaviour when playing on a single device (chromecast:chromecast).
This is what happened:
- google home speaker volume was at 45% before rule kicked in
- playSound() was called with a volume argument of 100%
- openhab increased google home speaker volume up to 100%
- then the volume goes down again to around 45% (sometimes 46, 48% etc), before the sound was played
- then the sound was played (at the reduced volume)
Could this be a bug? I haven’t yet delved into the source code to look, hoping that someone more experienced here could tell me right away.