Please contribute to database of Z-Wave/Zigbee USB sticks

We are adding a feature to OH that will detect Z-Wave or Zigbee USB sticks and recommend users to automatically install the respective binding.

In order for this detection to work, we need to build a database of known supported Z-Wave or Zigbee USB sticks according to their vendorId and productId.

So we ask if you have a Z-Wave or Zigbee USB stick that already works on your system, can you please kindly contribute its vendorId and productId to our database?

Links

How to find USB devices

// on Windows
Command line entry: pnputil /enum-devices /connected /class USB
Look for response:  Instance ID: => USB\VID_0658\PID_0200\..

// On Linux
Command line entry: dmesg
Look for response:  usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=0658, idProduct=0200, ..
1 Like

I can contribute Z-Stick (Z-Wave), newer generation.
$ lsusb
ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc. Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 (ZW090) - UZB

Early generations just show up as
ID 10c4:ea60 Silicon Labs CP210x UART Bridge
Likely this cannot be used, as many other devices may use this identification. I read reports on the web about this, e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/vo6cjt/my_zwave_and_zigbee_devices_are_showing_up_as_the/

1 Like

@holgerf many thanks for this one. It seems to be the most common one.

Hmm. I think if that chip is used for either Zigbee or Z-Wave (as implied by your reddit link) – and nothing else – then we could simply recommend BOTH bindings. And the user can choose whichever or both to install. There is only a real problem if the chip is also used for other very common sticks (such as RAM sticks) which would lead to false positive add-on suggestions.

Note: someone did already find bad false positives for the EnOcean system because the respective stick is based on the very common “0403:6001”, “Future Technology Devices / GENERIC” chip. So we are aware of that particular issue.

You can check what is already in the database here

Contributing my two sticks, both running flawlessly:

• 0451:16a8 Texas Instruments, Inc. CC2531 ZigBee
  • 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc. Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 (ZW090) - UZB
1 Like

Just for the avoidance of doubt, in your system do those two products actually contain the words ‘Z-Wave’ / ‘Zigbee’ in their description texts?

ZigBee yes, Z-Wave no. They appear exactly the way I copied above.

Let me know if I can help further.