Please press the pairing button on the bridge. even after setting the new username

I have a manual thing configuration for Hue where I set my Hue bridge and devices.

Bridge hue:bridge:home [ ipAddress=“192.168.1.55”, username=“abcdefgh123456789” ] {
0220 HueAmbianceLTW01301 “Hue ambiance spot links” @ “Badkamer” [ lightId=“4” ]
0220 HueAmbianceLTW01302 “Hue ambiance spot rechts” @ “Badkamer” [ lightId=“5” ]
0220 HueAmbianceLTW01303 “Hue ambiance spot douche” @ “Badkamer” [ lightId=“6” ]
0220 HueAmbianceLTC00101 “Hue ambiance centraal” @ “Bureau” [ lightId=“7” ]
0220 HueAmbianceLTW01304 “Hue ambiance spot lavabo 1” @ “Badkamer” [ lightId=“8” ]
0220 HueAmbianceLTW01305 “Hue ambiance spot lavabo 2” @ “Badkamer” [ lightId=“9” ]
0220 HueAmbianceLTW01306 “Hue ambiance spot lavabo 3” @ “Badkamer” [ lightId=“10” ]
0220 HueAmbianceLTW01307 “Hue ambiance spot lavabo 4” @ “Badkamer” [ lightId=“11” ]
0820 HueDimmerSwitch “Hue dimmer switch badkamer” @ “Badkamer” [ sensorId=“5” ]
}

After I save the file it will start asking to press the pairing button
… [INFO ] [ue.internal.handler.HueBridgeHandler] - Creating new user on Hue bridge 192.168.1.55 - please press the pairing button on the bridge.

I press the pairing button and get a username in the logfiles which I copy to the thing configuration file and I save the file.

… [INFO ] [ue.internal.handler.HueBridgeHandler] - User ‘H61JTNg1vsIzB4tuCCsgqXMA7QOonH8X-va2GxgQ’ has been successfully added to Hue bridge.

Once done, it continues again with asking to press the pairing button.

… [INFO ] [ue.internal.handler.HueBridgeHandler] - Creating new user on Hue bridge 192.168.1.55 - please press the pairing button on the bridge.

Any tips on how to solve this annoying issue?

If I just don’t touch the things file after pressing the button, my Hue interactions work, but whenever my OpenHab server restarts, it complains again press the button.

Hi,
I had simmilar issues during setting up OH2.4 and after upgrading to 2.5 again.
Some how, in my case i guess the definitions in my .things file were the root of the problems.

Sometimes the code for the binding changed, so at 2.4. it was

[ipAddress="IP:port", userName="abcdef"].

but now its

[ipAddress="IP", port="xx", userName="abcdef"].

[EDIT:] Mind Case sensitivity! I got userName="" and in your code its username=""!

Simmilar behavior with my dConz bridge.
Try using userName="" or apikey="" and have a look at httpPort vs. port.

Unfortunately I’m not 100% sure which caused and in the end solved the Problem, but now everything is working fine.

Good luck!

cheers Hannes

Thx Hannes

It was the username mispell, should be userName indeed.