Plex binding for oh3 stuck?

Java 17 was only introduced with OH4. 3.4.0 still is on Java 11. If it was compiled against 3.4.0 then it shouldn’t be an issue.

Ive had issues before with the docker getting stuck with stale dependency problems. Try to reset the docker and let it all reset. That usually clears mine out.

Hi @aronbeurskens,
First Thanks for your work in getting this Plex binding updated. Also looking to switch from Kodi to Plex.

I’m wondering if the 3.4.0 Snapshot jar release file linked is definately correct ?

I’m seeing karaf console report it as a 4.0.0 binding using this addon file.
Also looking at extracted contents of jar file it contains many references to 4.0.0

I’m not a programmer so not high confidence - Is this what you would expect for a 3.4.0 jar?

Thanks,
Stuart

@aronbeurskens sorry to bug you again but I believe you have some chatter in GitHub about something that needs updating for the plex binding to finally get accepted. Are we almost there?!

For anyone who needs it, I compiled a jar for this that should work on anything 3.2.0 and up including 4.0.0.

https://github.com/morph166955/openhab-addons/releases/download/plex/org.openhab.binding.plex-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

1 Like

I think so, just updated the requested changes in the PR. Lets wait until it gets accepted now…

1 Like

Hi Stuart,

To be honest I am not 100% sure, since Java is not my main programming language. What I did was that I updated the binding/addon for the 4.0.0 version, which is the mainstream for development atm.

Then I compiled it with paramaters to make it compatible for 3.4.0, It could be I missed to update the xml files containing the version info, nevertheless it should work, since I am running it on OH 3.4.1 myself

1 Like

Hey everyone. I think this binding is still pending review from openHAB side right? @fwolter not sure if you can help but saw your name tagged in GitHub. Can you provide any hint or spare some time to see if it can be approved?
@aronbeurskens im not sure how this whole thing works but after review would it mean that the binding would be available in both 4.0 as well as previous versions??

1 Like

Please don‘t ping and/or push our maintainers here.
They will review PRs when they have time to do so.

What?? my English must be failing me here. Can we take this privately instead??

1 Like