Plugwise binding

Hi,

I use the Plugwise binding with openHAB 2.2.0-1 (Release Build) and would like to use Location as described in the documentation like this:

Thing <binding_id>:<type_id>:<thing_id> "Label" @ "Location" [ <parameters> ]

See here an example of a Thing I use now.

Thing plugwise:circle:KK_Koelkast "Koelkast" (plugwise:stick:000D6F00004EF02F) [ macAddress="000D6F00004B9EBC", powerStateChanging="alwaysOn" ] {
    Channels:
        Type power : power [ updateInterval=10 ]
}

When I add a location I get the error:

2018-04-07 21:10:04.121 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘plugwise.things’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [41,57]: missing EOF at ‘(’

When I try to add a location in the Paper UI I get this error:

2018-04-07 21:14:20.134 [INFO ] [st.core.internal.thing.ThingResource] - Received HTTP PUT request for update at ‘things/plugwise:circle:KK_Koelkast’ for an unmanaged thing ‘plugwise:circle:KK_Koelkast’.

@rvo Did you also try putting the location after the reference to the Stick?

This works for me:

Bridge plugwise:stick:demostick "Demo Stick" @ "Room 1" [ serialPort="/dev/ttyUSB0" ]

Thing plugwise:circle:democircle "Demo Circle" (plugwise:stick:demostick) @ "Room 2" [ macAddress="000D6F0000A1A1A1" ]

Thanks! Now it is working.

I’m new to zigbee and plugwise, so maybe this has been asked before. I’m tempting to buy a zone heating system based on plugwise. With the Lisa, Thom and Adam devices. Are they supported? I think not because i can’t find it anywhee. If not, would it be possible to add support for those devices?

1 Like

Currently the Plugwise binding only supports what they call nowadays the “Plugwise HNS” system (see Dutch, English).

Perhaps the Plugwise Lisa, Tom, Adam devices can be used with the more generic Zigbee Binding?
On the Plugwise website they write for these products that:

The Plugwise Home automation products communicate via the open Zigbee standard “Home Automation 1.2”

I haven’t tested this myself though. Maybe you can ask Plugwise support if these devices can be used in a Zigbee mesh with other non-Plugwise devices. :slight_smile:

Does the binding support adding new devices to the network or do we still need to use Source? If not, any change this feature can be added?

Thanks!

It’s currently only possible to use devices that have been added with the Source software. If we know the messages/protocol for adding/removing devices it’s possible to also add it to the binding. But it may also result in new issues. E.g. when devices (Things) are added/removed in openHAB they would also be added/removed from the node list on the Stick. These devices will probably not be automatically added/removed in the Source database.

@lsiepel If you’re still looking for a binding that can handle Plugwise Adam, Anna, Lisa, Tom & Floors, may I direct your attention to this topic?

I created a binding specifically for these devices since I use them in my home as well; hope you have some use for it!

1 Like