Plugwise Home Automation binding for OpenHAB

Great, hopefully you will come back once again. OH3 is a big step forward, while i still have to get used to the new models/semantics/points/tagging et cetera.

I’ll prefer to continue with my own repo, as yours is a bit outdated and with the conversion to 3.0 in between i cannot get everything back on track, so i’m fine. Maybe it is a good idea to share the eclipse marketplace account. Not sure what the future brings regarding eclipse stuff, as OH seems to move away from that marketplace, but maybe i’ll use it someday. You could send me a private message with details.

I asked Plugwise support for documentation, waiting for an answer, i’ll definitely look at the HA binding, maybe i can learn from that too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked Plugwise support for documentation, waiting for an answer, i’ll definitely look at the HA binding, maybe i can learn from that too.

I hope Plugwise is a bit more forthcoming than they were in the past - they have never seen the power/potential of leveraging the enormous community that can make their products more accessible across all different home automation platforms. By developing and improving this binding for OpenHAB you are making their product better and more accessible for the masses and they do not even have to pay you for it. If I were running Plugwise I would immediately publish a well-documented open API so that my products would be accessible to a larger pool of users…but hey, what do I know :wink:

Whenever (if?) you get around to using the Eclipse marketplace, just let me know what you need and I will send it via a private message.

Good luck and thanks again for the effort you are willing to put into this binding!

Related to the eclipse marketplace. It’s not supported in openHAB 3 as it was bound to Eclipse Smart Home. There is a proposal for a replacement, but this is still work in progress.

Since plugwise is now transferred to a new BV they might change their tactics a bit (I hope so).
Had recently some contact and that was pretty good and fast response.

Would it be possible to add the valve status of these devices? Would be nice to see in the UI’s. In the plugwise app it is visible, so maybe it’s possible.

The binding works perfect in OH3 by the way!

The binding allready had the valve_position, but somehow this was not visible in the channel list. Fixed that. Please test other channels too, of something is missing or you need more functionality please let me know.

All feedback from PR was done, just waiting for it to get another review pass.

I’m about to add identify and calibrate buttons. I might submit that in another PR.

Not sure what it was, but i had one of my rooms (kantoor) going to a setpoint of 62.6 degrees suddenly. This was after deleting the old jar file and copying the new one to the addons folder.

One room becomes now 62.78 degrees when changing the item. And the other room cannot be changed anymore.

2021-01-04 15:15:55.630 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Kantoor_temp_setpoint' changed from 17.0 to 17.1

2021-01-04 15:15:58.105 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'CheckLightProgram' changed from ON to OFF

2021-01-04 15:15:59.059 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Kantoor_temp_setpoint' changed from 17.1 to 62.78

Think there is something wrong with the new binding.

That might be a celcius to fahrenheit conversion. I’ll try to get something up and running this evening to debug. If you have textual setup, could you share your setup?

That sounds like the problem. I’m not sure where to declare celcius or fahrenheit

Here is my setup:

Bridge plugwiseha:gateway:adam "Plugwise Home Automation Gateway"   @   "Achterhuis"                        [ host="192.168.0.**", username="smile", smileId="******" ] {

Thing zone                      PW_Woonkamer_zone           "Woonkamer"             @ "Woonkamer"       [ id="****************************" ]

Thing zone                      PW_Kantoor_zone             "Kantoor"               @ "Kantoor"         [ id="*********************" ]

Thing appliance_pump            PW_Vloerverwarmingspomp     "Vloerverwarmingspomp"  @ "Hal"             [ id="*************************" ]

Thing appliance_boiler          PW_Ketel                    "Ketel"                 @ "Bijkeuken"       [ id="********************************" ]        

Thing appliance_valve           PW_TomWoonkamer             "Tom"                   @ "Woonkamer"       [ id="**************************" ]        

}

Fixed and added some other channels:

1 Like

Hello, thanks for all the work. I’am trying to get Anna with a Smile in my OpenHab system. The connection with the smile worked, thanks to al the questions and reply’s on this forum.
I can’t get the Anna to connect properly, HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR. Most likely because i don’t no what to fill in at Required Appliance ID. How can i found this for my Anna?

Found it: In things, hit de +, open de Plugwise Home Automation Binding. Hit SCAN and you will see a Plugwise Zone (this is your Anna)

Could it be that the channel (valve position) [appliance_valve:adam:PW_TomWoonkamer:valvePosition] doesn’t work? And that the channel (hotwater) [appliance_boiler:adam:PW_Ketel:dwhState] also doesn’t work.

The valve position is always 1.0. Was nice to see 0 to 100% if that’s possible.

I defined the items as:

Thing appliance_boiler          PW_Ketel                    "Ketel"                 @ "Bijkeuken"       [ id=".................................." ]        
Thing appliance_valve           PW_TomWoonkamer             "Tom"                   @ "Woonkamer"       [ id=".................................." ] 

Switch                  Ketelwarmwater                  "Warm water actief"                         <poweroutlet>       { channel="plugwiseha:appliance_boiler:adam:PW_Ketel:dwhState" }
Number                  Radiator_stand                  "Woonkamer Radiator stand [%.1f]"           <temperature>       { channel="plugwiseha:appliance_valve:adam:PW_TomWoonkamer:valvePosition" }

[edit] - I’m on the latest binding OH.3.0 - no snapshot

I don’t own an Anna, so i can;t tell for sure, but i think an Anna would be seen as an appliance /thermostat, just like a Lisa. Doesn’t matter much as both can control the setpoint and report temp.

Could be true, will check tomorrow.

Edit: dhwstate is working with my setup, so what version are you using?

I’m using the latest version from github you posted last.

I checked via karaf, but this is a bit strange:

openhab> bundle:list | grep Plugwise
271 | Active |  80 | 3.1.0.202012222305      | openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: PlugwiseHA Binding
280 | Active |  80 | 3.1.0.202101042023      | openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: PlugwiseHA Binding

not sure why I see 2 versions, I only copied one file to the addons directory.

i can confirm dhwstate is ok, valveposition is not.

Trying to fix, will report back this weekend.

Edit: Fixed: Release 3.1.0.202101152146 · lsiepel/openhab-addons · GitHub

1 Like

Unfortunately they don’t have any official documentation. They are willing to answer questions and gave some basic information. So i think i got some leads to add more functionality.
Hopefully they continue to support their hardware and improve it. The Adam has lot’s of potential functionality that is not used.

The valve position is working! The hotwater state not working was a typo… whoops. I used dwhState in stead of dhwState, that’s also working now.

Thanks for the valve fix!

Problem with the binding, after 1,5 to 2 hours the binding just stops pulling information. Sometimes in the Main UI I see an error with one or more things, sometimes not.

Restarting the binding via karaf solves the problem, but only for 1 to 2 hours:

openhab> bundle:list | grep Plugwise
278 | Active |  80 | 3.1.0.202101152146      | openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: PlugwiseHA Binding
openhab> bundle:stop 278
openhab> bundle:start 278 

I restarted the Adam Gateway the last time, maybe that solves it but i doubt it.

[edit] - Hold on to that last comment about restarting. Looking at my graphs, it looked like Adam didn’t heat anymore, the temperature dropped below the setpoint without heating. So problem could be the gateway software.