Plum Binding needs updating to 2.2

Hello,

I have been using a fantastic binding for controlling the Plum lightpads, this allows full control of the light, as well as using the lightpads a presence sensors for triggering rules.

The author @mikenemat of the plugin has been busy and not able to update it for some time, it still works with 2.2, but throws a lots of “background thread errors” as well as locks up Karaf meaning the only way to restart openhab is a full restart.

Wondering if anyone would have the time/interest to update this binding? I would be happy to test as I have 9 of these dimmers installed!

B

Here is one of the most common errors.

13:49:06.856 [ERROR] [ab.core.service.AbstractActiveService] - Error while executing background thread Plum
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
at org.openhab.binding.plum.PlumActiveBinding.execute(PlumActiveBinding.java:261) [211:org.openhab.binding.plum:1.9.0.201611140048]
at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:144) [216:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.2.0.201712090925]
at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:166) [216:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.2.0.201712090925]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.get(FutureResponseListener.java:109) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest.send(HttpRequest.java:676) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.plum.PlumActiveBinding.sendHttpCommand(PlumActiveBinding.java:182) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.plum.PlumActiveBinding.execute(PlumActiveBinding.java:257) ~[?:?]
… 2 more
13:49:07.344 [INFO ] [smarthome.even

Old thread but guessing Plum is pretty much dead? I’ve read a lot about them and thought they were a really cool startup product but they have no website and there are a few products on Amazon. No videos or anything for at least a couple years. Anyone know what happened to them?

Thanks.

JR