Port Bluetooth related binding from 2.x to 3.x

I’m stuck with porting my 2.x binding openhab2-addons/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.sma at sma-2.3.0 · mgerczuk/openhab2-addons · GitHub to 3.x. I must confess that I’m a beginner when it comes to Maven, POM and OSGi. So far I solved my problems by peeking into other binding’s sources.

With OH2 I used the Bluecove Bluetooth library which nicely worked for development on the Windows PC and finally on the OpenHABian Pi. With OH3 it looks like using external jars is no longer as simple as putting it into the project’s lib folder. Bluecove includes native code and they reference some IBM J9 internal stuff (?) which leads to unresolved dependencies when directly using Bluecove as dependencies from groupId net.sf.bluecove. So I tried to achieve the same result as the OH2 build with several tweaks in the pom with system scoped dependency and patching the manifest’s Bundle-ClassPath and Import-Package with a bnd.bnd. This resulted in a working build but now the app.bndrun in Eclipse no longer finds my binding so I still cannot debug with Eclipse.

That leaves me with two questions:

Is it still possible somehow to use the Bluecove jars with the OH3 build system?

Am I completely wrong and should I use the Bluetooth binding? But I could not find any hint how to open an RFCOMM stream for reading/writing with this binding. Is the Bluetooth binding working on Windows? There seems to be only a BlueZ implementation.