Port COM3 does not exist (was WORKING BEFORE added openhabcloud)

This problem seems to be intermittent. But I think I got it to replicate by doing the following (I tried to find the simplest configuration that causes the error).

It occurs when trying to use all the following simultaneously: zwave (com port), insteonplm1 (com port), openhabcloud

Windows 10
hardware: using Zstick Gen 5 and Smarthome 2413U
Manual/Fresh install by extracting openhab-2.3.0.zip
(replicated on 2.4.0 as well)
edit addon.cfg

ui = paper
binding =zwave
misc = openhabcloud

add insteonplm.cfg

port_0=COM1

[optional] reduce logging in org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg

log4j2.logger.smarthomeItemStateChangedEvent.name = smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent
log4j2.logger.smarthomeItemStateChangedEvent.level = ERROR
log4j2.logger.iBinding.name = org.openhab.binding.insteonplm.InsteonPLMActiveBinding
log4j2.logger.iBinding.level = ERROR

start.bat
in paperui: Thing, add, zwave controller, Port=COM3, Add

While still running, edit addon.cfg to append insteonplm1:

binding =zwave,insteonplm1

Note/confirm that COM1 and COM3 are open and functional

logout
start.bat

you can ignore this first error if the openhabcloud is not properly configured. The COM3 error occurs whether openhabcloud is properly configured or not.
[ERROR] [.io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Socket.IO error: not authorized

Here’s the problem: Serial Error: Port COM3 does not exist

15:57:23.869 [INFO ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port 'COM3'
15:57:23.874 [INFO ] [eonplm.internal.driver.SerialIOStream] - successfully opened port COM1
15:57:23.875 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:5eb338e6' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
15:57:23.897 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:5eb338e6' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Serial Error: Port COM3 does not exist

Even if I put ZWaveSerialHandler in DEBUG, I do not get:
logger.debug(“Starting receive thread”);

If I remove openhabcloud and restart, error usually (but not always) goes away.

Let me know if you need help replicating or additional debug logs.

While trying to make error occur, other configs I added/removed that seemed to make it worse, but not sure:

• rebooting the pc, error comes back on next start (even though it was not occurring on logout/start without reboot)
  • binding =zwave,insteonplm1,cm11a,amazonechocontrol
  • addons.cfg: misc=openhabcloud,market,restdocs
  • Using a long expose string in openhabcloud.cfg:
baseURL=https://myopenhab.org/
expose=foyer,toilet,powder,mbr2Porch,br3Porch,BackPorch,BackYardArt,bcloset,FrontDoor,FrontYard,jcloset,mbrPorchB,mbrPorchJ,Heat1,Speed3,bath,breakfast,dining,grill,hallway,kitchen,landscape,laundry,library,living,movie,night,pantry,party,pergola,pool,shade,stairs,dresser,lamps,basement,gArt,familyRm,heat,pump,Speed1,Speed2,Speed4,diningArt1,diningArt2,mirror,gAll,gInside,night,bar,master,bedroom