Possible Bug - RFXCOM, Discovery and jsondb

I recently ran into a problem that broke my 2.4.0 build #1381 OH system. I have an RFXCOM device and there was interference in the neighborhood on the 433MHz wireless channel. This led to constant new devices appearing in PaperUI Inbox, and /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup creating several files per minute until the system ran out of disk space. I’m running on an SSD with plenty of life remaining, so I doubt its corruption.
I fixed it by turning off discovery in the RFXCOM binding and deleting the files.
Normally there are 5 backup files which is the setting I have set, so perhaps during stress periods the old file deletion stops working, and this is a bug?
Whilst this interference was present I couldn’t unlock my car with the keyfob unless I was right against its door when it sometimes worked, and I could hear the continuous signal on an RF scanner.

To summarise, excessive discovery activity causes /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup to grow until disk is full

This sounds like something an issue should be filled for in the ESH repo.

Is there an easy guide for how to do this? Using GIT has always been a mystery to me

Go to GitHub.com
Search for eclipse smarthome
Click on “issues” on the ESH repo
Search to make sure someone hasn’t already filled an issue.
If they’re isn’t already an issue create one and provide as much detail as possible.

1 Like