Possible to expand card by taphold?

Hi @tarag, unfortunately I see that your great enhancement (taphold) does not get the traction it deserves probably also because it is hidden in the label card advanced config menu.
I think this is really great as it is a more intuitive way to open a context screen/menu instead of trying to hit the three dots in the upper right corner of cells.

I have some questions:

• I see that taphold is just available for oh-label-card and oh-button. Will there be a support for cells or are they aleady there and I cannot find it?
  • Is it possible to expand a card by taphold, i.e. show the default slot of a card/cell?

Can I be annoying and ask for a video description of this? I’m interested, but I’m afraid I might not be following the tap hold concept…

What do you mean? A video on how to use taphold and see the popup page appear?

Yeah. Sorry if it sounds dumb, but, it is just a “tap the screen” to pop up a sub menu? Or must we keep the finger in the screen…? I’m not quite following…

no problem. yes, you tap&hold the card for about 1 second and can release the button. then the popup appears. It is the same result as you would have defined it via action: popup

The release of your finger is irrelevant. Even if you tap&hold for 3 seconds, the popup already appears after 1 second.

1 Like

Ohh… that’s… interesting. Thank you for your time, it’s clear now :slight_smile:

Sorry but tap-hold (or contextual menu click on desktop) is only available on oh-label-card and oh-button widgets for now.

It could easily be added to other widgets but this is an additional development.

1 Like