Precise Power Plug Zigbee

Hi,
i use NOUS A1Z zigbee power plug in oH and i am happy, but i noticed, that the plug cant measure devices which are in standby and used e.g. 0.4Watt. Now i am looking for another zigbee power plug which is precise and can measure power consumption in standby.

What can you recommend?
thx
Taste

I believe your NOUS A1Z is a Tuya-based device, and I doubt any of them register standby current. My WiFi Tuya plugs don’t either, but I’m in North America. So at the very least, I’d suggest looking for a non-Tuya device.

Hi not sure but if you are in the US .
I use these and they work great and measure down to the milliwatt
sengled brand ZigBee and easy setup also act a a hub extender as an extra bonus.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092DBFFBY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I just looked up the NOUS A1Z to determine that they aren’t in North America.

I cant confirm that. I measure a intel nuc in standby with tp link wifi power plug and it shows e.g. 0.6 watt. The NOUS shows zero and so i think they not as accurate as the tp link hs110. later i switchted to tapo p115 and they show also 0.6 watt in standby.

Does that behavior also reflect using the NOUS app when you view it or only when you view via openhab?
It may be a case of rounding and or average if you are looking at the instantaneous versus a running total channel.
Not sure what else to tell you since the device you listed is a European For all my devices, I use here in the US they all measure down to the milliwatt both Wi-Fi shelly or any of my Zigbee devices that have power management channels.

Hi,
until now, i didnt know that there is a NOUS app :). I use zigbee2mqtt and oh and both show the same standby value, zero.

Perhaps reach out to vendor see if there is a firmware update maybe?
Perhaps your device is defective for the measuring section?
Do you have more than 1 of these devices?
If so, do they all have the same issue?
Also, I would find it very unusual for them to not register a value greater than a half watt seems kind of useless to not be able to capture all of the power consumption if your purpose of adding power monitoring as a feature and advertising your device’s ability’s/benefits is around power usage monitoring such as what this vendor seems to have pasted all over their site.
I did find them on amazon.AU and not one single comment in all the reviews mentioned a lack of accuracy for power monitoring and I translated a bunch of them just to see if other folks had also reported that issue. So, it does not seem to be a widespread known issue with the product this would lead me at least to think perhaps your device is damaged or defective for that feature.

I hope you mean a device plugged into this NOUS and is in standby and not the actual NOUS plug in off or in standby mode.
Because even the plug/NOUS device itself will have some amount of parasitic draw in order to run the transceiver and other electronics that are needed to manage it.