Problem using Dropbox sync service

Hi,i am using Openhab 2 (version 2.3) on a raspberry pi 3 model b.I decided i wanted to use the dropbox sync service so i clicked install and followed the instructions here :https://docs.openhab.org/v2.2/addons/ios/dropbox/readme.html
then on the log viewer i see this message

2018-10-24 21:49:56.862 [INFO ] [b.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService] - #########################################################################################
2018-10-24 21:49:56.864 [INFO ] [b.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService] - # Starting auth using personal access token
2018-10-24 21:49:56.865 [INFO ] [b.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService] - #########################################################################################

then nothing happens, i do not know if this is the intended behaviour or what i am supposed to do
there is nothing mentioned in the instructions about that.So after rebooting nothing happens again but what i am supposed to see is :

#########################################################################################
 # Dropbox-Integration: U S E R   I N T E R A C T I O N   R E Q U I R E D !!
 # 1. Open URL 'https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/_type=code'
 # 2. Allow openHAB to access Dropbox
 # 3. Paste the authorisation code here using the command 'dropbox:finishAuthentication "<token>"'
 ########################################################################################

in the log but it never appears.I also tried shutdown and booting instead of reboot,also i removed the dropbox service and the ascociated files reinstalled it and i used this command on the command line :

ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101

something appeared about authorizing failing i pressed yes to continue after that however i get this

2018-10-24 22:05:00.653 [WARN ] [al.DropboxService$SynchronizationJob] - Synchronizing data with Dropbox threw an exception

com.dropbox.core.DbxException$BadRequest: {"error": "v1_retired"}

at com.dropbox.core.DbxRequestUtil.unexpectedStatus(DbxRequestUtil.java:206) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient$2.handle(DbxClient.java:181) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxRequestUtil.doGet(DbxRequestUtil.java:269) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient.doGet(DbxClient.java:1826) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient.getMetadataWithChildrenBase(DbxClient.java:176) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient.getMetadataWithChildren(DbxClient.java:143) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at org.openhab.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxSynchronizer.syncLocalToDropbox(DropboxSynchronizer.java:206) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at org.openhab.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService$SynchronizationJob.execute(DropboxService.java:457) [244:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [107:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.scheduler:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573) [107:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.scheduler:0.10.0.oh230]

i got no idea what is wrong shouldn’t it be more simple to use? i mean none of that is even mentioned in the readme i linked and nothing work as intened too.Any solutions?