Problem with Addons-Build

Hi there,

I have an issue for a new binding #1559 with corresponding PR #1560 open with some commits on a new OH2-binding. It compiles well, but the Jenkins checks fails:
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/PR-openHAB2-Addons/4134/console

It does run the mvn target

-amd -pl org.openhab.binding:pom,org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.vallox,org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.vitotronic verify

which also fails at me with some seemingly unrelated dependency issue.
My binding is the org.openhab.binding.vallox. I have no idea what org.openhab.binding.vitotronic is. It is totally unrelated. Why does it do a check for both at the same time? My PR has nothing to do with vitotronic…

18:06:03.776  |  [INFO] Computing target platform for MavenProject: org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.feed:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT @ /scratch/jenkins/workspace/PR-openHAB2-Addons/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.feed/pom.xml
18:06:03.779  |  [INFO] Resolving dependencies of MavenProject: org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.feed:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT @ /scratch/jenkins/workspace/PR-openHAB2-Addons/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.feed/pom.xml
18:06:03.791  |  [INFO] {osgi.os=linux, osgi.ws=gtk, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, osgi.arch=x86}
18:06:03.792  |  [ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
18:06:03.792  |  [ERROR]   Software being installed: org.openhab.binding.feed 2.1.0.qualifier
18:06:03.792  |  [ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.openhab.binding.feed 2.1.0.qualifier requires 'package com.rometools.rome.feed 0.0.0' but it could not be found
18:06:03.792  |  [ERROR] 
18:06:03.792  |  [ERROR] See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Dependency_Resolution_Troubleshooting for help.
18:06:03.795  |  [ERROR] Cannot resolve dependencies of MavenProject: org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.feed:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT @ /scratch/jenkins/workspace/PR-openHAB2-Addons/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.feed/pom.xml: See log for details -> [Help 1]
18:06:03.795  |  [ERROR] 
18:06:03.795  |  [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
18:06:03.795  |  [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
18:06:03.795  |  [ERROR] 
18:06:03.796  |  [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
18:06:03.796  |  [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

I don’t know what org.openhab.binding.feed is. I haven’t added it to my new bundle’s dependencies. My bundle only uses plain Java stuff.

Any idea, why the check fails while the build is ok?

The full build console log is attached just in case the jenkins check is removed by now jenkins.xml (774.9 KB)

Cheers,
Hauke

There seems to be something very wrong with the maven verify check:

This kind of check is executed for the commits in a PR:

mvn -B -amd -pl org.openhab.binding:pom,org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.astro verify

Replace astro with any other binding, you always get this error:

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR]   Software being installed: org.openhab.binding.feed 2.1.0.qualifier
[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.openhab.binding.feed 2.1.0.qualifier requires 'package com.rometools.rome.feed 0.0.0' but it could not be found

If you comment the org.openhab.binding.feed binding out of the pom’s module list, the check runs fine for all bundles.

Is there something wrong with the feed binding? It’s pretty annoying that this blocks other PRs for absolutely unrelated bindings.

Help highly appreciated? Any ideo who could look into this, @Kai ? Sorry to bother you…

Cheers,
Hauke

Will have a look…

I’d hope that https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/2030 fixes the issue. Please let me know, if you still encounter problems.

Thanks for having a look at the OH2 PR build. With the extra dependencies my PR build also succeeds again! :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Kai, is there a way to re-trigger the Jenkins check without commit some dummy stuff to the PR?

Yep, close and re-open the PR.

1 Like