Problem with Homematic Binding and Device HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU

Hi, I am using OpenHAB 2.4 and I got a problem to control my Wireless Room Thermostats (HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU). Changing the mode or trying to set a temperature using the app do not change anything and I get the following error in my log:

2019-01-04 09:55:21.223 [ERROR] [ematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.internal.converter.type.QuantityTypeConverter.toBinding(QuantityTypeConverter.java:58) ~[198:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.internal.converter.type.QuantityTypeConverter.toBinding(QuantityTypeConverter.java:1) ~[198:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.internal.converter.type.AbstractTypeConverter.convertToBinding(AbstractTypeConverter.java:102) ~[198:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler.handleCommand(HomematicThingHandler.java:281) [198:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor178.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy139.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [198:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor177.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Is this a known problem? Did not change the configuration of that devices and all my other homematic devices work as expected.

@gerrieg: mabye you got a hint for me?

Thanks for any hints!
Greets Daniel

Looks like a bug in the converter. Can you please create a new issue here
and ask mdicke2s to take a look at it? He implemented the converter and i am on vacation until Feb.

Thanks a lot @gerrieg, have a nice vacation! I’ll create an issue later.

Greets
Daniel

EDIT: Here is the issue for anyone who is interested: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/6802