Problem with KNX bindings

Hello.

I had previously installed OpenHab with the KNX binding and used it successfully, however, now with a fresh install I have run into problems.

I have installed OpenHab via openhabian, on an AMD machine.

I have configured the KNX binding using this Thing:

UID: knx:ip:cb51cfeb6b
label: KNX/IP Gateway
thingTypeUID: knx:ip
configuration:
  useNAT: false
  readRetriesLimit: 3
  ipAddress: 192.168.178.22
  autoReconnectPeriod: 60
  localIp: 192.168.178.52
  type: TUNNEL
  readingPause: 50
  localSourceAddr: 0.0.0
  portNumber: 3671
  responseTimeout: 10

When I configure it this way, the gateway is shown in the Running state. So far so good!

But now when I configure some items and channels, and trigger the items, nothing seems to be sent to the bus. Do you have any idea what might be causing this? And is there any way to find out where the events are being swallowed? The log is awfully silent, it merely shows:

14:55:23.052 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'knx:device:28be96c99b:1f45651585' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
14:55:33.440 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent       ] - Item 'Licht_Buro_Licht_Buro' received command ON
14:55:33.445 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Licht_Buro_Licht_Buro' predicted to become ON
14:55:33.452 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'Licht_Buro_Licht_Buro' changed from OFF to ON

Restart your Knx IP tunnel device. Not all devices are made equal even in Knx world

Thanks for the hint. I just restarted it. Makes no difference. :confused:

Hi Eric, I know nothing, but this is how I got it all starteted here:

I hope it serves you as well.

If you had a working setup before there is no reason for it to not work. Did you change Knx topology since ?

Lol, I found my mistake! I had accidentally written the group address in x.y.z format, not x/y/z format. :crazy_face:

Some better error handling would really have helped me out there!

Wow i never tried putting dots … I just did it no complain in the events log but device goes offline and i do get Calimero errors in the openhab.log

1 Like