Problem with Miele Cloud Binding?


is there a problem with the Miele Cloud Binding (maybe after upgrade on OH3.3.0) oder the Miele API in generell?

My account and my device (CM6560) things are both online, but no commands (turn on/off) are transmitted to the device (–> no reaction).

Here the error from the log:

21:30:40.944 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.CoffeeSystemThingHandler] - Failed to set light state to 'false' for device '000152952134'.
org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.exception.MieleWebserviceException: Unable to perform operation. Operation failed 2 times.
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.NTimesRetryStrategy.performRetryableOperation( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.RetryStrategyCombiner.performRetryableOperation( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.RetryStrategy.performRetryableOperation( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.DefaultMieleWebservice.putActions( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.DefaultMieleWebservice.putLight( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.handler.AbstractMieleThingHandler.lambda$3( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.handler.AbstractMieleThingHandler.lambda$9( ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$ [?:?]
	at [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$ [?:?]
	at [?:?]
Caused by: org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.exception.MieleWebserviceTransientException: HTTP error 500: Internal Server Error
Cloud returned message: Optional[GENERIC_TECHNICAL_ERROR (Error-ID: 8e6e45870dbd023c)]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.HttpUtil.checkHttpSuccess( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.DefaultMieleWebservice.lambda$8( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.RetryStrategy$1.get( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.RetryStrategy$1.get( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.AuthorizationFailedRetryStrategy.performRetryableOperation( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.RetryStrategyCombiner.lambda$0( ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.mielecloud.internal.webservice.retry.NTimesRetryStrategy.performRetryableOperation( ~[?:?]
	... 12 more
21:30:48.776 [WARN ] [se.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: undefined

I also recognized, that there seems to be a problem in the own app of miele. Its loading very long and my device is not shown:

Thanks in advance,

Since the Miele app and openHAB are both not working and are independent of each other, I would think the issue is with the Miele cloud. Is there a website or community you can check for their cloud status?

Thanks for your reply. I hoped, that someone can confirm that its a miele problem so i can exclude its a problem in my setup.

I’m not sure which is most broken, the Miele app or the backend services, but I have similar problems with my oven. In the most recent app update I at least do not get an error when clicking it, but still most information is no longer available.

In my experience Miele@home has been quite broken for at least 2-3 years now, and it would be a huge surprise if things would start working normally again, if abandoned features would reappear or if the app would stop being insanely slow.

I hope my XGW 3000 still have some years to live, so I can use the local API with openHAB, custom scripts and my own Android app which I wrote before Miele released their Android app.

Perhaps @BjoernLange knows something about the concrete issue you are experiencing?

Unfortunately not, I assume a problem with the cloud service if the app and the binding are having issues. You can try to directly trigger an action using the Miele 3rd party API Swagger and check whether that works. I wrote a tutorial on how to get your device states here. You can then use a device ID to trigger an action on the same page using PUT /devices/{deviceId}/actions and check whether that works.

Anyway, you should contact the Miele support and report the issues you are facing, problems with their app and the 3rd Party API. When doing so make sure to include the “Error-ID” returned from the cloud.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.