Problem with my new DoorBird

Hi there,

i can’t get my new DoorBird to work with openhab2.

First of all, my hardware/OS configuration:

• Hardware: RaspberryPi4 4GB
  • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
  • openHAB version: openHAB 2.5.0-1 (Release Build)
  • DoorBird: D2100E
  • DoorBird Binding: 2.5.0 (installed via PaperUI)

I added the doorbird thing as described here: here

Thing doorbird:d210x:doorbell "Doorbird" [doorbirdHost="doorbird-IP",userId="mySecretUser",userPassword="mySecretPassword",imageRefreshRate=60,doorbellOffDelay=3,motionOffDelay=30,montageNumImages=3,montageScaleFactor=35]

The used user has all priviliges.

Out of the logs i get the following message:

2020-05-14 12:28:36.483 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'doorbird:d210x:doorbell' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)
2020-05-14 12:28:36.501 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'doorbird:d210x:doorbell' has been updated.

In PaperUI -> Configuration -> Things there’s a similar error code description:

Do i miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you followed the doc’s. :+1:

Have you tried restarting OH a few times? Set the binding to DEBUG or TRACE and watch the logs for any clues.

Yes, and the the docs are correct for the current version of the binding in 2.5.4. There was a change made on March 21 to remove an unused config parameter. As you are on an older version of the binding, I believe it’s looking for that config parameter.

As I see it, you have two primary choices:

• update to openHAB to 2.5.4

• change your things file to add the config parameter doorbirdId that was removed. Like this:

Thing doorbird:d210x:doorbell "Doorbird" [doorbirdId="1",doorbirdHost="doorbird-IP",userId="mySecretUser",userPassword="mySecretPassword",imageRefreshRate=60,doorbellOffDelay=3,motionOffDelay=30,montageNumImages=3,montageScaleFactor=35]

Works like a charm :grimacing:

Thank you very much & stay healthy!!!

1 Like