Problem With Openhab Cloud

Checked the cloud status page and says it’s ok but since yesterday Alexa cannot communicate and when I log into myopenhab it says dashboard offline.

Haven’t delved into the logs yet as it could take a while to soft where I’m running a bit in debug/trace atm, just wanted to see if anyone else has issues as normally very stable.

I’ve checked connection locally, openhab has internet access just fine as my cloud devices are working and online without issue

Please restart cloud binding or openHAB.
It is all working perfect here…

I’m also facing connectivity issues since a few days. My local instance runs fine but looses connection to myopenhab.org

Have already restarted openhab, which fixed the issue for a day or two. just today again disconnected. it helped to go to the main UI and open / saving the myopenhab settings.

Now it runs fine again. Will monitor and feed back

So yeah I still haven’t gone through the logs but can confirm just saving ‘notifications and remote access’ prompted it to start working again. Will keep an eye on it

I’ve had that happen to me a few times over the past week, and haven’t made any major changes lately The weird thing is that the log shows a disconnection followed by an immediate reconnection, but then OH remains offline until I restart. Same as @StefanH, I was monitoring before I posted about it.

I forgot that a reconnection can be forced by saving the settings. I’ll try that next time.

Got the same issue here. Maybe we should open a bugreport on github?

It hasn’t happened to me again in about 5-6 days.

Solved for me too

I have the same problem.
Since a few days Alexa does not “speak” with Openhab. That’s how I noticed it. It just happened from now on without changing anything. When I logged into myopenhab I saw that my account was offline. I checked the UUID and secret, but everything is correct.
For me the problem persists. I’ll take a closer look at it this weekend.

I lost it again too at some point in the last 24-48 hours.
Plus, I when it happens it errors out and also crashes all other bindings using http. I don’t remember this happening in 2.5.x and for me 3.1.x is too unstable for production use so going to be rolling back for now as never had any issues prior to updating.

I’ve not had debug enabled so can’t verify.

I cannot confirm this now. On the contrary: On the whole, the system runs as stable as never before since my last update. I am currently still running 3.0.1.
This was the first case.
Have now uninstalled the misc and reinstalled. Now it runs again for the time being. I observe it further.

@delid4ve I am in similar situation to you in that I have reverted back to OH2.5.x after using OH3.x for more than 6 months now. I really wanted OH3 to be my production automation platform going forward. I dug-in converting all of my rules and learning to use YAML to create Widgets and Pages to create sophisticated a UI, but I continued to be plagued by stability issues. I have 18 bindings and hundreds of things and it just wasn’t working the way OH2.5 does. Plus, some of my hardware is older and so I still needed to use HABPanel and openHAB Remote to blend OH3 with OH2.5 which meant running two systems. It was with much hesitation that last week I finally decided to rollback to OH2.5 for my home production automation needs as it is rock solid. I still think OH3 has great potential and for users that are new to OH, have limited, newer hardware with bindings that are available in OH3 it is the way they should go, but for those coming from OH2.5 with considerable investment in legacy hardware and who value stability and robustness over all else, then OH 2.5 is hard to beat for now.

1 Like

Could be related, maybe a core issue - no debug log present so can’t say for sure - could be the shared http instance on a connection timeout