Problem With Openhab Cloud

So yeah I still haven’t gone through the logs but can confirm just saving ‘notifications and remote access’ prompted it to start working again. Will keep an eye on it

I’ve had that happen to me a few times over the past week, and haven’t made any major changes lately The weird thing is that the log shows a disconnection followed by an immediate reconnection, but then OH remains offline until I restart. Same as @StefanH, I was monitoring before I posted about it.

I forgot that a reconnection can be forced by saving the settings. I’ll try that next time.

Got the same issue here. Maybe we should open a bugreport on github?

It hasn’t happened to me again in about 5-6 days.

Solved for me too

I have the same problem.
Since a few days Alexa does not “speak” with Openhab. That’s how I noticed it. It just happened from now on without changing anything. When I logged into myopenhab I saw that my account was offline. I checked the UUID and secret, but everything is correct.
For me the problem persists. I’ll take a closer look at it this weekend.

I lost it again too at some point in the last 24-48 hours.
Plus, I when it happens it errors out and also crashes all other bindings using http. I don’t remember this happening in 2.5.x and for me 3.1.x is too unstable for production use so going to be rolling back for now as never had any issues prior to updating.

I’ve not had debug enabled so can’t verify.

I cannot confirm this now. On the contrary: On the whole, the system runs as stable as never before since my last update. I am currently still running 3.0.1.
This was the first case.
Have now uninstalled the misc and reinstalled. Now it runs again for the time being. I observe it further.

@delid4ve I am in similar situation to you in that I have reverted back to OH2.5.x after using OH3.x for more than 6 months now. I really wanted OH3 to be my production automation platform going forward. I dug-in converting all of my rules and learning to use YAML to create Widgets and Pages to create sophisticated a UI, but I continued to be plagued by stability issues. I have 18 bindings and hundreds of things and it just wasn’t working the way OH2.5 does. Plus, some of my hardware is older and so I still needed to use HABPanel and openHAB Remote to blend OH3 with OH2.5 which meant running two systems. It was with much hesitation that last week I finally decided to rollback to OH2.5 for my home production automation needs as it is rock solid. I still think OH3 has great potential and for users that are new to OH, have limited, newer hardware with bindings that are available in OH3 it is the way they should go, but for those coming from OH2.5 with considerable investment in legacy hardware and who value stability and robustness over all else, then OH 2.5 is hard to beat for now.

1 Like

Could be related, maybe a core issue - no debug log present so can’t say for sure - could be the shared http instance on a connection timeout

I’m still facing this issue with OH3 that after a couple of days working fine, connection to opencloud is lost until next restart. Anyone had luck or found how to solve this?

For me it just disappeared. No update, no fixes, nothing. Just working now…

Well, loosing the connection to openHab Cloud happens from time to time.

Somwhere here was mentioned that you only have to save the settings without changes again and a reconnection is done.
This worked fine for me (Settings → openHAB Cloud → save)

But…! Why does Alexa have to tell me, that OH Cloud is not connected?

Isn´t there a way to get the connection-state in an Item and let a rule try to connect every 15 minutes if it does not work automatically?

Have a look to your logfile. In case you logfile shows entries these can be used to set/unset an item.

Thank you…

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2021-08-27 19:52:40.576 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Shutting down openHAB Cloud service connection
2021-08-27 19:52:40.577 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Disconnected from the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = x-x-x-x-x, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2021-08-27 19:52:40.797 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = x-x-x-x-x, base URL = http://localhost:8080)

But what now?
Is there a trigger channel?

you might do this via the exec binding, by running some script which checks for some regex which matches the error code. Just the only thing that comes to my mind when thinking how to solve this

That would be a little bit poor…
I mean why use a script for an internal openhab state?!
Scanning a log-file every x seconds for a state the system knows?

Some how I am missing a kind of system overview for things like this…

Have a look here: Display Myopenhab cloud connection status - #10 by mstormi ( I am refering to the post that starts with the question the following then gives an answser )

I’ve also implemented a rule that restarts the cloud binding (or any binding, actually, I pass the name as the trigger string item). That you need executeCommandLine() for and connect to Karaf console.

Did anyone dig deeper in this issue?
I also face it for a week. myOpenHAB connection is lost, the app does not work outside my LAN (myOpenHAB working, but local instance is offline) and Alexa can’t communicate to openHAB (Hub offline). My instance is also displayed offline in myOpenHAB.

Around the time it failed yesterday, I see these log entries

2022-12-27 16:49:19.325 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn’t exist: undefined
2022-12-27 18:39:43.232 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Disconnected from the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = xxx, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2022-12-27 18:41:40.240 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = xxx, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2022-12-27 22:07:35.503 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn’t exist: undefined

Restarting the openHAB service solves the problem.