Problem with repositories - can't download actions etc

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage i5/8Gb/200gb
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version java version gives openjdk v10.0.2
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0M3
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue

I have 2 installations of the same openhab2 setup. They are basically clones of eachother and they are both failing in the same way.

I can no longer install addons

2021-05-03 16:04:02.370 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ā€˜openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-action-xbmc, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-action-twitter, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-transformation-jsonpathā€™: Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.transform.exec/2.5.0.M3

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2021-05-03 16:06:24.567 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ā€˜openhab-action-xbmc, openhab-binding-mail, openhab-action-mail, openhab-action-twitterā€™: Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.action/org.openhab.action.twitter/1.14.0.M3

I have tried to find some solutions, I have changed package=expert, i have tried to disable remote repository access, etc.

Internet access is all fine.

All I really care about is reinstating openhab-action-mail v1.13

Is there any way to force install this? I would really rather avoid reinstalling openhab since there are system critical stuff running on there.

Please read the docs and check the prerequisits. openHAB 2.5.x requires Java 8 (Zulu 8 recommended). No higher version supported.
openHAB 3 will require Java 11 (also no other version supported).

Besides the answer of hmerk please also check if you installed the package openhab2-addons besides openhab2.Because of the move of the repository ( search here on the forum ) mvn downloads for 2.5 do not work any longer as far as I understand. Installation of the addons package should help here.

See openHAB 3.0.2 Patch Release and the Sunset of Bintray - this is due to Bintray having shut down their services on May 1st.
In any case, 2.5.0.M3 is pretty old, Iā€™d very much suggest to use at least 2.5.12. With the KAR for offline usage of add-ons, you should not depend any longer on the remote availablility.

Hi, I have a similar issue here but with Iā€™m using the RPI image.

Originally I had openhabian image 2.5.11 and I updated (apt package) the latest 2.5.12 version successfully (I updated sourcelist to https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg and repository key https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/api/gpg/key/public), but I have the same error messages:

2021-05-03 14:42:33.460 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-
jsonpath, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-ui-restdocs, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-binding-knx, openhab
-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale': Error:
        Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.transform.map/[2.5.0,2.6)

As it seems to find the addons repository, it seems strange that the bindings cannot be installed:

$ sudo apt install openhab2-addons --dry-run
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  openhab2-addons
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 496 not upgraded.
Inst openhab2-addons (2.5.12-1 Artifactory:stable [all])
Conf openhab2-addons (2.5.12-1 Artifactory:stable [all])

I wanted to keep with the online addon version if possible.

Thank you

Not sure if this is related to this (in my case, the ā€œbasicā€ addons are missing too).

because online installation( mvn ) and offline installation ( openhab2-addons ) different sources / ways of working and one available does not include that the other is available, too.

Why not installing openhab2-addons as suggested by Kai - which seems to be the only option ?
Doesnā€™t it also have advantages as the mvn source could be down/not available and having installed the offline package makes it possible for you to run your OH environment.

Thank you @Wolfgang_S !

Thatā€™s one option, but Iā€™m using a raspberry compute module with just 3.6G, and the addons file is around 200MB, so itā€™s a lot of space to me :sweat: I can make some space temporarily to install a binding, but then Iā€™ll need to uninstall it again. Having to do all this offline process every time I need to install a binding is a mess.

My point is that it worked just fine few days ago and I think it should be interesting to ā€œget backā€ this feature. In fact, Iā€™d like to help if the issue is just storing the ā€œcloud versionā€ (I donā€™t know if it is just uploading a file and configuring the URL in openhab)!

Hi @apica, you might be able to change the location in a settings file, see the second option in Kaiā€™s post:

1 Like

I updated to 2.5.12, updated the addons to 2.5.12, and after two restarts of the service, everything is working.
Thanks to all for the help, much appreciated

Thanks, that worked! Thank you for pointing me that post.

I have a last recurring error but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s related:

2021-05-04 10:19:33.924 [DEBUG] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Running scheduled sync job
2021-05-04 10:19:34.018 [DEBUG] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed uninstalling 'openhab-ui-dashboard': Feature named 'openhab-ui-dashboard/0' is not installed

There are some recently post that talk about it (here), but the main issue was fixed.

Thanks!