Problem with Smart Sileno Life Mower Error 503 Service Unavailable

Greetings everyone,

I have a serious problem integrating my Gardena (Smart) Sileno Life mower into openHAB. Everytime i want to start mowing manually I can find the following output in the log file and the mower does nothing:

16:35:59.203 [TRACE] [ing.gardena.internal.GardenaSmartImpl] - POST data   :  {"name":"start_override_timer","parameters":{"duration":"180"}}
16:35:59.879 [TRACE] [ing.gardena.internal.GardenaSmartImpl] - Status  : 503
16:35:59.885 [TRACE] [ing.gardena.internal.GardenaSmartImpl] - Response: 
16:35:59.890 [WARN ] [.internal.handler.GardenaThingHandler] - Error 503 Service Unavailable
org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.exception.GardenaException: Error 503 Service Unavailable
	at org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.GardenaSmartImpl.executeRequest(GardenaSmartImpl.java:492) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.GardenaSmartImpl.sendCommand(GardenaSmartImpl.java:379) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.handler.GardenaThingHandler.handleCommand(GardenaThingHandler.java:228) [bundleFile:?]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor87.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy2306.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:74) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_152]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_152]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_152]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_152]
Caused by: org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.exception.GardenaException: Error 503 Service Unavailable
	at org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.GardenaSmartImpl.executeRequest(GardenaSmartImpl.java:473) ~[bundleFile:?]
	... 20 more

I already cleaned the openHAB cache against the Error 503.

Seems there is something wrong with the husqvarna API? Maybe the start_override_timer command is not valid anymore? The following line out of the logfile might be an indicator:

Channel 'gardena:mower:573d5190:4a69284b-4259-43bd-be24-2a84171412e2:mower#override_end_time' cannot be updated as device does not contain property 'mower:override_end_time'

Hope someone is out there who can help.

There have been some profound changes to the api according to the documentation at https://developer.1689.cloud/apis/GARDENA+smart+system+API#/swagger

“start_override_timer” for example got renamed to “start_seconds_to_override” and additionally this command expects the duration to be seconds not minutes. Thats why my mower returned to the base shortly after leaving.

1 Like

Hey Markus,

thank you for your research! I searched on the internet for a documentation for the GARDENA smart system, but I did not find anything.

Did you open an issue on github, do you know if there is anyone working for a fix?

Hi,
I’m waiting for the weather to get better so that I can wake my mower from hibernation.
There is already a ticket concerning the api changes.

I’m going to add my findings there.

Hi again,

thank you very much!

Any update on this? I’m using the latest snapshot binding 2.5.9.202008311926, but also get a 503 error when trying to start my mover using openhab:

[WARN ] [.internal.handler.GardenaThingHandler] - Error 503 Service Unavailable
org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.exception.GardenaException: Error 503 Service Unavailable
    at org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.GardenaSmartImpl.executeRequest(GardenaSmartImpl.java:492) ~[bundleFile:?]
1 Like

Hello all,
I m trying the binding too, and i have the same error spamming the logs :

Channel 'gardena:mower:home:myMower:mower#override_end_time' cannot be updated as device does not contain property 'mower:override_end_time'

And also :

Unsupported json value object, returning empty value

Every minutes.
Is this linked to the same error ?
Any way to fix/workaround this ? (different from set error log)

Thanks !

1 Like

+1 same here
Channel 'gardena:mower:xxx:mower#override_end_time' cannot be updated as device does not contain property 'mower:override_end_time'

Same for me ! Spaming logfile full. Any idea how to disable ?

I already tried to disable the item, but the binding seems to be requesting it anyway :confused: No idea what else to do…

I checked the json db and there are all channels included (via REST) but can’t find the thinkuid it self to delete it. Invalid chars but thats the uid - looks like a problem with rest itself - is someone more familar with it. ?
Thats the entry : gardena:mower:xxxxxxxx:yyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyy-yyyyyyyyyyy:mower#override_end_time

I removed the entry from the database directly. the message is gone but not the “Unsupported json value object”

Ok, go back to the status before to be compatible. I saw that Gardena is now included in OH 2.5.9 official - hope that here comes a fix.

Use the workaround and reduce via Karaf console the logs only to errors.

openhab-cli console`
log:set ERROR org.openhab.binding.gardena

Also in 2.5.9 it is still present.